Chapter 20

A Month Later...

*Katniss POV* Katniss was in her room getting ready for school since she got out of the hospital a couple days ago with everything good and healthy. Her dreams were hardly there to haunt her which she counted as a good thing, but Dean barely came to visit while she was at the hospital. She thought about if she said or did anything to make him ignore her because she really liked Dean. *Honk Honk* "Katnip hurry up we don't have all year!" Rory exclaimed by the door and went back to her car. Rory and Jana both helped Katniss in more ways than one to make sure her powers were under control while she rested up her energy so they made potions well Rory made the potions and Jana just held Katniss down for her to put it in Katniss' blood stream in the IV so Katniss wouldn't move from the effects it gave off. *Honk Honk* "Katniss!" Carine yelled "I'm coming, I'm coming!" She yelled running down the stairs with her bag hanging in her arms and her hair tie in her mouth while wearing a knitted jacket with a black shirt, worn out jeans with her classic converse, she was trying to braid her hair while going to the kitchen to get some pop tarts and her orange juice in the fridge. "Bye Mom, Bye little duck" Katniss said, kissing their heads and ran out the door to Rory's car. She went in the car and finished braiding her hair. "How long did I take?" "You took about *looks at her timer* 45 minutes and 12 seconds could still be better" Rory said while turning the car on and going in reverse out of the parking lot then driving to school. Half an hour later... The girls were in English class Jana and Rory were quietly whispering about the weekend party for Katniss. While the girl herself was writing notes for tonight's homework she then was hearing ringing in her ears then the class door was being knocked "Excuse me Ms. Marshall we have a new student" "Of course Principal Morita class please pay attention up front" Ms. Marshall said in her sweet voice she always had because she was in her 50s-60s. Everyone in the class stopped talking and looked at the teacher and principal "Class and Ms. Marshall this is Stiles Stilinski. He came from Beacon Hills; California and I will need three people to help show him around. Who would like to volunteer?" He clapped his hands and Stiles, a brunette, came in the class and waved to everyone "Hey" for a good ten seconds no one did anything then everyone had their hands up except for the trio girls. Rory, Jana, and Katniss put their chairs together to chatter "A new kid already didn't Dean used to be new, and you dated him?" Jana whispered, "One he was new for two months and two we never dated" Katniss exclaimed quietly "Okay, okay no need to fight but we need to keep an eye out in case something like last month happens again, okay?" Rory whispered, "I'm still trying to get my head wrapped around what happened to me, but I understand" Katniss said, "Fine but I'm not being nice" Jana said rudely "You're lucky we even agreed to you being in our group again" Rory said "Girls!" Ms. Marshall yelped for them "Yes Ms. Marshall" All three of them said "Mr. Morita decided for you three to walk Mr. Stilinski around school and be his tour guide since you like to talk so much" She exclaimed brightly. The girls looked at each other thinking the same thing *fan-freaking-tastic* "You could just sit behind Rory" Ms. Marshall pointed to Rory's desk as Stiles then walked to her desk while everyone else was looking at him, some whispering and some laughing "He gets to sit next to the crazy girls?" A student said, "I heard Katniss went through a big freak out during the tornado incident" "Well she is a cheerleader and hot" "How is that fair Mr. Hottey gets to sit next to the cool girls?" And so, on the peers were really talking about Katniss and what happened in the past month which made her put her head on her desk. After Katniss got back home and was better her mom was telling as best, she can about her powers while Rory and Jana helped her with the control and the potions to certain things, she got it at first try but with going back to school some people were happy to have the popular cheerleader back while others made up rumors around town "Hey" Stiles said to her.