Chapter 7 Pre-date

Previously on Forbidden Lovers "how about we get out of here and I take you for some real lunch instead of some school lunch?" "Sure I would like that very much" he nodded then grabbed her bag put his arm around her neck and left the gym which she giggled at since school has been over for about an hour during practice and them talking.

A few minutes later...

They went to Luke's Diner going in and laughing about a joke that Dean said "okay okay what is orange and fat?" "uh an annoying orange?" she asked giggling "close garfield" they both were laughing "hello lovebirds what could I help you both with" Luke the owner of the diner asked them "oh hi Luke um I would like chili fries with a sprite" Katniss said still laughing "uh huh and you um who are you?" he looked at Dean irritated "I'm Dean sir" he looked at Luke nervous "Luke don't be rude he's new in town and he's mine and Rory's friend" he had a 'ugh' look "so where is Lorelai and Rory?" "oh Emily wanted to have lunch and dinner with them after school since Rory kind of have been ditching her place to watch me I guess I don't know honestly but she has been coming over a lot lately more than she is supposed to goes to her grandma's house" he gave her a skeptical look "not in that sort of way but yes her grandma is scary when no one keeps up their deal or bargain whatever can we get some food please I'm starving" Luke and Dean both laughed at how she was rambling "I'm on it so 2 chili fries and 2 sprites?" he looked at the teens " um actually can you change one of the sprites into a water please" Dean asked nicely Luke nodded and went to the back.
They went to sit down on a table next to the bar of the diner. "Okay so how are you liking Stars Hollow so far?" Katniss asked in a weird funny voice then Dean laughed "I like it very much it's-" "weird, crazy, beautiful?" "that too but different" "good different or bad different?" "Well so far, a good different, so how long have you lived in 'Stars Hollow'?" " well *she laughs* not long actually *he gives her a 'what' look* I know what you're thinking, how can someone know everyone in town for a short time period but it's more complicated than that and I won't explain it now it's hard already to put my mind around things" he gently grabs her shoulders "Katniss! Katniss? Calm down your rambling again" he said slightly laughing "sorry it happens a lot without me realizing it at times" she huffed "I've been here for a year now but I've lived here a long time ago as an infant" he had a wide eye look "really? How is that?" "well I was about 5-6 years old when I lived here because I was born here and so was my little sister after she was born a year later my parents decided to move because of well I don't really know all I know it was for 'our safety' as my parents would say but then I moved with my mom and sister back here last year because um well family problems so we needed to get back to something we know of you know what I mean?" "I don't think so" she looked embarrassed but explained the best she could. "what I'm trying to say is that my parents wanted a fresh start after my sister was born than last year I wanted the same thing for us but instead brought us back here to Stars Hollow instead so we can have people around us that we know and still for 'my protection' anyway's where is our food? it's been at least 15 minutes since we last ordered" She asked confused and a little bit out of breath Dean laughed a little "I don't know I'll go check on the food okay?" she nodded then he walked away.

Katniss got her drawing book out of her school bag then put in her earbuds. A man came inside the diner while looking around his eyes and flashed the color black for a good minute. He then saw Katniss preoccupied and slowly pulled out a gun he had in his back going to aim it at her until. "Hello and welcome to Luke's Diner can I take your order?" Luke said the man quickly put his hand behind his back hiding the gun "um yeah can I have a uh coffee with a um a donut please thanks" "coming right up and please pick a place to sit oh is it here or to go?" he went back behind the counter looking at the man "uh to go please thanks" Luke nodded. The man walked up to the counter sitting on the bar of the diner slowly passing by Katniss who remained unbothered until Dean came to sit down with their food and the man widened his eyes when they landed on Dean but he didn't say anything. Dean put the food and drinks down then tapped on Katniss' headphones she jumped a little but saw only Dean so she took them off and smiled shyly at him "Sorry I zoned again didn't I?" he nodded while laughing a little "yeah but that's okay if anything it's a little adorable" she then blushed like a cherrybomb "Really? Adorable?" he nodded smirking "okay then" she laughed a bit "Anyway I brought the food and drinks so here you go" he passed her the chili fries and a drink "Thank you" she sip into her drink "um Dean?" "yeah" "mine is water I sort of ordered a sprite" "that makes so much sense on why my drink tastes like lemons". They switched their drinks back to normal while laughing "better?" he asked "much" she giggled "So what are you doing in that notebook of yours I noticed you writing in it a few classes now" "Ummmm *laughs nervously* well let's just say it's my pride and joy" Deans laughs at that "Well what kind of pride and joy is it if you don't mind me asking" he asked while eating his fries "Well believe or not I am well I'm a lot of things'' "for example?" he looked at her in a self defense mode but warming way as well "For example I'm a writer, uh a drawer and a songwriter" he looked at her with raised eyebrows "Really" she nodded "unfortunately" "you sound disappointed even though I think that's awesome" "Really?". He nodded "I wish I was that talented but all I'm good at is researching things, hand to hand combat and some might say leadership qualities I guess." She smiles really brightly "um uh what is it that you research?" "Uh you know just things here and there, it's just boring things just nodded, letting it go while continuing eating.