Chapter 49

Afterwards the couple went to class and acted like nothing happened while Katniss texts her mom about meeting Stiles' dad for her which she agreed to do on her lunch break. The group was doing work in their English class when they saw a pink smoke pop open which turns out to be Gabriella popping in on top of Katniss' table "Oh come on I was drawing my tree" Katniss complained "Gabby how many times do we have to tell you not to use your power in school" Rory questioned "Especially on Katniss' stuff" Lane said "Also during school hours around everyone are you trying to get caught Maribella" Jana said mispronouncing her name on purpose to get a rise out of the girl. "It's Gabriella and I was wondering if Katniss could help me out with my power more after school" Gabriella said, turning towards Katniss who was trying to get her notebook from under the girl who then moved on the floor "As much as I would like to help I have to study after school" Katniss said going back to her drawing "With us" Jana said glaring and Gabriella "No" the artist said blowing on the paper "No?" Shannon asked "No, I'm not studying with anyone because I need to be by myself after school for my sessions, which I keep lacking because I worry too much about everyone else and their problems" Katniss said, not looking at the girls. *Bell Rings* Katniss gets out of her seat without another word but texting Stiles that she would see him in a while needing a break from anyone which he understood then she walk to one of her favourite spots in school to be quiet for a quick session it being the special room the school made for her being part library, part music room, and part art room Katniss then gets the key out of her secret pocket opening it seeing a purple and green room with a big tree next to a white board "Home sweet class" she said putting her bag on the hook by the door closing it with a small *click* she goes to the little music radio box in the middle and turns it on and plays soft melody music. Katniss then puts her apron on while listening to the radio playing her favorite song "It's where my demons hide it's where my demons hide" she softly whispers then starts to paint a red swing tree and started humming more with her other music "I'm sorry mom and dad I know I messed up bad should of should of done better" she then puts the painting out to dry and starts on her session by opening up a book on the library side and setting a blanket down about to sit down when someone started twisting the door knob trying to open the door *groan* Katniss goes to the door looking in the window seeing Sam waving. Katniss just stuck her hand out the door pointing at the (Do Not Disturb) sign which just made Sam knock even more "He is never going to go away is he?" Katniss muttered to herself which she then went to get a white paper with black writing something and put it against the window with it saying (Go Away!) but he didn't budge so she put things away including her still drying paint in a secret cover and took off the apron while putting a book away *huff* Katniss picked her bag up and opened the door pushing Sam away to get her key and lock the door she then turned towards him with an upset look. "What do you want, Dean?" she asked "Sam" he said "What?" "My name is Sam not Dean that's my brother" he explained which just made Katniss mad and quietly left him in the hallway then looking at her watch to see school was over already not realizing it wasn't 10 mins but the whole school day to relax and calm down more which luckily, she had her mom's car since she left during her lunch break. Katniss got in the car and drove away from the school home wanting to be alone but everyone was blowing her phone up which made her turn it off and put the radio on loudly "She's a mother trucker killer queen, a psychopath at 17" she was singing and just kept listening to music until she got home "Mom I'm home!" she yelled going into the kitchen putting her bag down with the keys "She is still at work" Prim said "Still for how long?" Katniss asked "Probably until 7 or 8 tonight" Prim said doing homework which Katniss just hummed. Katniss opened the fridge "You hungry" she asked "I could eat" Prim said, setting the stove up for Katniss' classic fish sticks with mac and cheese night which is rare.