Chapter 48

Katniss left the house giving Stiles a kiss and leaving in his Jeep which they went straight to school "You know my mom was trying to tell me something important before you interrupted" Katniss told him while fixing her ponytail "Well I'm sorry I was trying not have us late as it is" Stiles said sarcastically while gripping the wheel and fiddling with the stereo "Why were you late anyways?" she asked him "My dad needed my input or ideas I guess you can call it for some case he is working on" he told her then went to grab her hand while still holding on to the steering wheel. "I forgot your dad works at the station, he's a sheriff, right?" Katniss asked "Uh he used to be sheriff in my home town now he is just deputy" Stiles told her "Eh same thing they both get paid the same to me" she said while getting her book out then taking her hand out of Stiles' to draw or write "I guess you're right" he told her then parked in the school parking lot "So what else happened this morning Rory said you weren't feeling well" he said worried while getting out the car and opening Katniss' door "I'm fine all I need to do is drink my special juice and I should be fine" she told him getting out of the car. The couple then walks into the school halls hand in hand while Katniss puts her book in her bag "So any idea what we are going to do this weekend?" Katniss asked then saw her group of friends and waved to them "Uh well I was thinking-" Stiles got cut off by Shannon running to hug Katniss "Oh I am so glad you didn't strain your magic as much a couple weeks ago" Shannon said "Thanks and Shan I can't breathe" Katniss said in a restrained voice "Right" Shannon said letting go. "No need to choke her to death we just her not even last week" Jana said with Rhydian holding on to her waist while walking "Here you go" Lane came to the couple giving Katniss her bottle "Thanks" Katniss said drinking the dark red drink a bit that her ring started to glow strong again "Don't drink too much" Rory said "Yeah we don't want another magical outburst" Sam said next to her also walking towards the couple "Why is he still here?" Stiles asked angry while getting closer to Katniss "Dude I still need an education just like you" Sam said with his hands in his jacket pocket *Seriously deja vu again can no one be like the jerks from my past* Stiles thought, sighing "Look, just don't cause us problems and we should be fine" Katniss said, looking at Sam with a firm look. "Changing subjects, what are you guys doing this weekend?" Lane asked "Since we now are banned from Emily's house because of what happened a month ago" Rory said "We are doing?" Katniss looked at Stiles then got a sip of her other drink being Vitamin water "Meeting my father" Stiles said making Katniss spit her drink on the floor "What?" the rest asked while Katniss was coughing from the drink "What? I thought it would be a good idea to meet my dad since you know almost everything about and he you well a bit about you besides he would like to have dinner with you" Stiles said "I don't meet parents" Katniss said after getting her coughing fit down which made Stiles confused "None of us girls ever do meet the parents" Rory told him "Bit" Jana finished "Sorry to say but they are right" Shannon told the boys who just looked confused and hurt "Why not?" Tom asked in a defensive voice "Wellll" Katniss said with an eye scrunch that Stiles holds on to her a bit tighter making her laugh. "It's complicated that's why we send our mom to meet them instead of us" Rory told them *Bell Rings* "Anyway we got class to get to and I already have my schoolwork so see you guys later, Stiles?" Katniss said holding on to Stiles' hand who looked deep in his own thoughts "Stiles everything okay?" Katniss asked worried while everyone else walked to their own classes leaving the couple alone she then nudged him with her elbow making him snap out of it "Yeah everything is fine" he smiled at her and they then walked to class "But why don't you guys like meeting the parents?" "It's not that we don't like meeting them, it's just apparently our moms have to show them we actually exist" Katniss tried explaining. "What do you mean?" Stiles asked confusedly, "In some weird shape and form we don't exist somehow someway" Katniss said "Why not if I can see and touch you?" "I honestly don't know".