Chapter 34

"Can you draw me?" "I'll get Emily to make you draw tonight event" the girls said one on one which just made Katniss laugh "I did draw Stiles, but I think he has it let me see" she said looking in her bag but when she opens her bag, she sees her mom's spell book again "What the?" "What happened?" Rory asks from the kitchen and Katniss just walks back to the kitchen bag in hand showing them the book "I thought you gave it to your mom and mine?" Rory asks, confused, grabbing it "I did yesterday" Katniss said "So what is it doing here in your bag?" Jana asks "I don't know" She exclaimed "Doesn't your magic get affected by your emotions?" Lane asked "Yeah I think so why?" Katniss asked, confused. "Well maybe when you got upset today your emotions called to it" Shannon said "Like a reflection?" Katniss asked "Exactly so look I got this book in the library and-" Shannon said getting a book out of her bag that was on the floor next to her "Isn't that from the restricted aisle?" Jane asks looking at the worn book out "Maybe anyway I read somewhere in here that our body automatically has a reflection when something happens like we hurt our arm or something we react to it right?" Shannon looked at Katniss who just nodded. "Well look here "if a witch was to get hurt or upset they're reflects would get their spell book without them realizing it even if they don't think about the book the magic inside them would be thinking about it as a shield to help with the thing that frightens them the most like a person, place, or thing because those things can more powerful than the person itself but if the witch has a twin, sister, mother, or best friend that is a witch themselves than the book will barely be around for only-" *poof* the spell book disappeared out of Rory's hand in green smoke "half the day" Shannon said finally "So the book came in precaution if I couldn't handle myself even though I had Rory, Jana and you two with me?" Katniss asks confused while pointing at each one "Basically luckily you just have us, your moms, and Primrose" Jana said "And not a twin" Rory said before finishing writing in her notebook "What's wrong with having a twin?" Shannon asked "Why do you have a twin?" Rory asked "No but it would be nice to have one" she said "True" Rory said thinking about it. "Anyways what does this have to do with the book being here or us getting ready for the party?" Lane said getting everyone back on point "Who are your dates anyway?" Katniss asked "Some Korean guy my mom picked at her church" Lane said sadly "What happened to Dave?" Rory asked, confused "Who's Davion?" Jana askes which made Rory throw a glare her way "Dave Rygalski is Laney's forbidden lover/ boyfriend and Mrs. Kim forbids them from being together since he's white and she is Korean but they have been seeing each other secretly for the past 8 months" Katniss explained to them "Anyway I don't have a date yet" Rory said eating a bit of crackers "Same" Jana said "I'm going with Tom as friends of course" Shannon said reassuring the girls who laughs at her because of her red tinted cheeks "And Jana you can go with Rhy- mm" Rory said but Jana threw an apple at her mouth cutting her off. Rory just glared at her ready to attack when they all heard the door opening and the girls just fixed whatever mess they made "Girls?" Carine asked "We got your dresses" Lorelai shouted then the two then went to the kitchen seeing all 5 girls talking about the date when Lorelai sees a bitten apple on the floor "Who's is this?" Lorelai picked the apple up and showed it to them "Jana threw it" The girls said that Jana looked at them betrayed "Hey!" she threw another apple which Katniss caught with a green mist around it "Katniss let it go" Carine said "Where is your ring?" Lorelai asked looking at her empty hand which Katniss took it out of her jacket pocket showing it to them "Sweetheart put it on please" her mother said which Katniss did and looked at everyone strangely and the apple dropped but Rory caught it before it fell. "So who are you girls going with to the dinner" Lorelai asked that made the girls confused with furrowed brows pulling out one of their phones showing it to the adults seeing the address to a party for school "Oh no" Carine said "I'm going to have a talk with mommy dearest" Lorelai said taking her phone out calling Emily. "Hey mom"