Chapter 24

The Next Day... It was 6:30 am when Katniss got up and got ready for school putting on a nice flower dress, brown ankle heel boots, and a brown leather jacket. She curled her blonde hair and grabbed her things she needed for school. "Katnip, come on! I want to get to school early today!" Prim said next to Katniss' closed door, having to yell, then left to get her hair braided by Carine. Katniss finished getting ready with natural makeup and opened the door "You don't have to yell little duckling I'm ready" Katniss said going down the stairs fast almost tripping on herself. "Woah cowgirl no need to trip over yourself" Lorelai said catching Katniss before she faces planted on the last step "Aunt Lorelai what are you guys doing here?" Katniss asks and turns to see Rory and Jana on the couch watching morning tv with cereal bowls in hand. "Well I had to go in early today. Michel said there was an emergency with some catering I don't know but I need to use the car for today so you girls want a ride to school before I go?" Lorelai asked in her usual business attire with her natural curly hair with keys in hand. "Oh yes! That sounds go-" Jana says before getting cut off by Katniss "Actually we have a ride already" she said sweetly "We do?" Rory, Jana and Prim said at the same time "Yes we do I forgot to tell you girls last night but Stiles came over yesterday after school and-" Katniss said being cut off by most of the girls in the house besides Carine "What?!" Lorelai asked "Stiles Stilinski came here?" Rory and Jana asked "Another boy came after the last one left almost 2 months ago?" Prim asked then after Katniss just nodded which then all the girls were talking at once but Lorelai calmed down after getting a look from Carine. "Please girls calm down, no need to scream and ask so many questions" Carine said firmly and loudly that the girls stop talking immediately "Now Katilina when is Mieczyslaw coming over to pick you girls up?" Carine asked with her voice calm but eyes curious "Well he's coming right about-*honk honk* now" Katniss says laughing a bit "Let's go!" Rory yelled, making everyone jump since they all were talking in their nice inside spelly voice. They all got their bags and went outside Carine being last but not before grabbing a bit of black dust that looks like a dead person's ashes but was really a powder called mountain ash and threw it at the door edge and locked the door going to Lorelai's car. The girls went to Stiles jeep "nice ride" Prim said while getting her car in the trunk and got in the back with Rory and Jana "Bye Mom! Bye Auntie!" The three girls yelled before going to the jeep "Katilina come here really quick sweetheart" Carine said. Katniss puts her bag in the passenger seat "I'll be right back" Katniss mutters to Stiles which he just nods and then goes to the car "Yes mom?" she asked which Carine just gave her a small box silently. "What is it?" Katniss asked, grabbing the box while messing with the necklace she kept on after Dean left it for her "Open it" Lorelai said smiling "Consider this as an early birthday gift" Carine said which Katniss just nodded and opened the small box revealing antique amethyst ring majestic purple stone in an old tarnished sterling cover "It's beautiful" Katniss says in awe "It was your great-great-great-great-great-" "Let's just say it's your grandmother's from the sixth" Lorelai interrupted Carine looking at her with a glare and smiling at Katniss "Wow it's really pretty and it's my color" Katniss says smiling at the ring and then fiddling with it. "Well put it on we don't got all day" "Yeah it's *checks watch* 7: 20 am" Lorelai and Carine said playfully which made Katniss roll her eyes at them playfully "Okay but does this ring have any powers with it?" She asked curiously seeing that her mom and aunt look at each "Nooo" Carine and Lorelai said at the same time with a chuckle "Okay" Katniss said with a small sigh and puts the ring on her right ring finger feeling a sort of tingling in her hand all the way up her arm almost like when she met Stiles and Dean and shaking their hands but different in a way she couldn't explain but she just kept quiet about it "Everything okay babes?" Her mom asked a bit worried which Katniss just nodded yes to. *Honk Honk* Katniss turned to see Prim pushing the horn of Stiles' jeep "I'm coming!" Katniss yelled as she waved at her mom and aunt bye.

 *Honk Honk* Katniss turned to see Prim pushing the horn of Stiles' jeep "I'm coming!" Katniss yelled as she waved at her mom and aunt bye