Chapter 42

"Can we get out of here please?" Katniss asked after they talked a good few minutes about her dad and snacks "Let's go get our things inside so I could take you to eat real food yeah?" Stiles asked and she nodded "It can be our 2 date and I know a good place with real food" she said getting off the swing while he gets up from the grass cleaning himself off. "2nd? I thought tomorrow was our first" Stiles asked confused "Actually I counted us going to Mcdonalds our official first date because it felt like a real date to me" Katniss said smiling with a shrug "Okay yeah 2nd date it is in one day, come on" he said holding his hand out which Katniss took and they went inside not realizing how cold it was outside because they felt hot air coming out the vents in the house.  Stiles went to get some hot chocolate and brought it to Katniss "Here drink this to keep warm until I come back with our coats" he told her which made Katniss nod sipping the hot chocolate in a fancy mug that she went to walk to the table to get marshmallows while Stiles went to get the coats. Katniss was walking around greeting people while drinking her chocolate and having little chats with the adults. Then she saw her mom and aunt talking to some friends from work "Hello momma and aunt Lorelai, what are you girls talking about?" Katniss asked leaning on Hazelle who put her arm around Katniss warm her arms up from the cold that she still feels from outside "Oh hello dear, we are talking about how your aunt Lorelai and Sookie was deciding on the color for the walls in the Dragonfly Inn they are trying to get" Hazelle said smiling while sipping on her champagne "I said blue" Lorelai told her "And I said we should do purple" Sookie said "While me the painter said green" Hazelle said which made the three talk again more "Why don't you guys just do all three?" Katniss shrugged, "What do you mean?" the three women asked her at the same time "Well I mean like if I'm correct which is usually than a dragonfly a real one is all three of those colors blue, green, and purple so why not just mix them together and also put the colors of the building in a light blue color" Katniss said and put her chocolate down getting a sip of her mom's champagne when seeing something behind Lorelai and Sookie. "Whoa girlie, what's with the aggressive drinking?" Sookie asked to get Katniss' cup of champagne "Uh nothing I just need something to drink anyway excuse me" Katniss said getting a cup of wine walking away from her mom and best friends "Well I think you two look amazing together why didn't you two tell me earlier?" Katniss was able to hear Emily's voice talk to two teens whose arms are hooked together "Well it was a surprise and we- Katniss?" Rory started but saw Katniss walking towards them with wine in hand "Hi sorry to interrupt but I need to talk to my sist- I mean best friend for a quick minute thanks" Katniss sauntered over to Rory to grab her arm before being answered by anyone and go towards the side away from prying eyes and ears "What's wrong Katnip?" Rory asked when they left "What the hell was that?" She asked furiously. "What was what?" Rory asked, confused "What the hell was it with you latching onto Dean's arm? like, come on, who even invited him and why is he here in the first place he left almost 2 months ago!" Katniss said moving her hands around a bit with her wine in hand "I had to pretend he was my date because Emily kept asking questions and was about to find your hide spot plus why are you asking me? Our moms invited him, not me" Rory said, a bit upset "Why would they invite him if they were there when he left me at the hospital?" Katniss asked confusedly but confidently as well which Rory just shrugged. "Wait, are you drinking?" Rory asked taking the cup out of Katniss' hand getting a sip "Mm red wine my favorite" which made Katniss shake her head with arms crossed looking around the party seeing Dean look their way and walking towards them which made Katniss upset because she heard him say that he needed to talk after that her ears were ringing and Katniss didn't hear anyone but felt a pull coming up her body from her feet "Katniss?" Rory asked out loud which got a few people's attention and they saw green fire surround her body.