Explaination (Dark Universes)

Okay, so this is more or less about the explanation of the dark universes in General, as opposed to one universe where there is one or multiple alternates of evil characters present

(A/N: Those that are familiar with this map know that this is the map of the DC multiverse, the High School DxD multiverse looks similar to that of the DC multiverse map, but it is not limited to 52 universes, there are more than 52 universes)

So as we are familiar with the events happening in the light novels, manga and the anime, except season 3 happen in the realm of Draconic Deus (Earth). Let's just say all these events happen in the prime earth, or Earth 0. As for season 3, a lot of events do not take place in the light novel, so we can say that it happens in a seperate reality, it is confirmed in the non canon book of High School Dxd EX, that it takes place in an alternate future where the children of Issei Hyoudou and the girls go back in time to fix reality as Future Loki tries to alter it, another story for another time but it is safe to say that these children hail from an another futuristic reality, a different Earth per say.

Like the information given above states that there must be alternate earth where our hero/es have a different past resulting in differences in, their attitudes as well as altering their personalities to an extent. We can assume that in another earth where things are not the same as they happen in canon, Issei Hyoudou doesn't become a pervert but maintains his kindness but at the same time, there may be another reality where he is evil or part of the Khaos Brigade, you may never realize. Similarly Rias Gremory may be a cruel and vindictive master to her servants and may treat them as slaves in another Earth. These universes where such alternates of our favorite characters exist may be possible. There may be realities where characters like them exist.

The characters which I referred from exist in the positive multiverse, where hope always is present and it eventually prevails and it usually results in a happy ending, but there also exists a negative or dark multiverse, where things that can go wrong will go wrong, where things are pretty bleak for our main characters, this results in extremely twisted versions of our main characters roaming around trying to make things good as seen with the first two stories but fate pushes both Issei and Asia to such extents that they ended up becoming very twisted and deranged versions of our canon characters we are familiar with, with Issei becoming a twisted avenger and Asia becoming a dictator. 

(A/N: As you could see this is how a dark universe character looks like, unfortunately there is no dark alternate of any high school dxd character, so I had to choose characters from DC Dark Knights Metal, so they look pretty twisted compared to t...

(A/N: As you could see this is how a dark universe character looks like, unfortunately there is no dark alternate of any high school dxd character, so I had to choose characters from DC Dark Knights Metal, so they look pretty twisted compared to the their main DC counterparts. The stories and characters from the High School DxD are inspired by these characters hailing from the Dark Multiverse)

You could even say that the dark/negative is like some sort of mirror, showing us a reflection of the characters that could have been if circumstances pushed them to such extremes. It is a sort of dark reflection of what things could have been if the situation pushed them to such extremes, but there is also a light reflection where things and situations may have been much lighter and better where the characters have not gone such terrible paths

The Dark universes also reveal a lot of characters deepest fears, on what they could have become, similar to that of the Dark Multiverse. Issei always had the fear of being in a false state of security where the girls are just teasing him or where he is just being played for, he still fears being rejected and ultimately having his relationship with the girls completely ruined, eventually he gets over such fears, thanks to the very same people that he once feared of turning his back on. Similarly, Asia always feared of losing Issei, unable to do anything without him, he literally and figuratively became her mental support system, this is true when he is presumed dead later on and Asia contemplates suicide, she like Issei eventually gets over her fear when Issei comes back and stronger than ever. So these characters are not immune to fear, but it is one of their deepest fears that bring these dark multiverse characters to life.

(A/N: That's it for the explanation of the dark universes, as for the first part of the next arc, it will be added in a few days, since I need to go through that arc once again)

Let me know in the comments on how to improve and I will see y'all later

PEACE!!!!!