Chapter one

Chapter  one - welcome me

"Don't worry, you will know where everything is in no time", my cousin Luna says as we walk down the hallway from my new high school. I am new to this school, my parents moved here this summer.

At least my cousin is here and I am not completely new to the city, because I visited her on holidays and long weekends. She is about two years older than me, so we are close at age and get along really well. She is like a friend or big sister sometimes. I am very grateful to have her.

"Have you met anyone yet, Cara?", she asks and shows me the cafeteria. It's really nice that she shows me around in her school this Friday afternoon. I guess she has better things to do, like going on a date with her boyfriend.

"No, not yet", school starts on monday and I am here for only two weeks and the only thing I have done so far is unpacking.

"Well I said hi to my neighbor", I add.

"Your neighbor? What's his name? How old? Does he go to this school?", she asks me all these questions.

"Well, I don't know his name, I guess he is probably a bit older than me and he is really cute. He has stunning blue eyes, a really cute smile and a nose ring!", I start to smile as I think about him.

"Ohhhh, so you think he's cute. New city, new crush? The good thing is if he's your new neighbor, you can bake a cake and introduce yourself as the new kid, ask him if he can show you around"

"I don't know. I don't even know his name, or if he has a girlfriend, or even how to talk to him", I explained to my cousin.

"I know how you feel Cara, but well you have to be patience"! Do you know my boyfriend Tristan?"

"I never met him, I only saw him on your instagram!", I tell her.

"Well, I never told you the story of how we actually became a couple, have I?"

I shake my head and Luna starts to tell the story of how she liked Tris as a little girl, they had this school project together and hung out and Luna then pretended to date his bandmate, so Tristan would get interested in her, even though he had a girlfriend at this time.

"And it really worked?", I ask her after she told me how they kissed in the practice room.

"Yes, Tris told me afterwards that when he and Cassie were together he didn't see me as more than a friend, but when I started to date James, he became jealous and couldn't stop thinking about me"

"What? That's insane! So you never had feelings for his bandmate at this time?"

"No. Tris is my boyfriend now and James is my best guy friend. I trust both and when we talk about it we all just laugh"

"You always see such things in movies and stories, but I can't believe it worked"

"Well Tris did have a crush on me when we were younger, the fake dating with James just fast forwarded the whole process I guess. I think you should try it! Maybe your neighbour will notice you earlier!"

"You think? But where should I find a guy that pretends to date me, so I make my neighbor jealous, who I haven't even talked to yet?", I ask her. Saying it out loud makes it sound so ridiculous.

"Well. I can ask him for you!", Luna suggests, as we walk to the next part of the school.

"Ask James? No thanks, I don't think dating a guy I don't know makes my crush jealous. Also maybe my neighbor is a douche! How do I know!"

"You will never find out if you don't approach him. You don't have to, but maybe James has some tips for you, how to talk to Mr. Blue eyes. He knows how guys think"

"I don't know!", I am really unsure about this. I don't know my neighbor, nor do I know James.

"Okay, no pressure! I will ask Tris to pick us up and if he can bring James. We don't have to talk about it. I just want you to meet him. I promise you, you will like him!", she smiles from one ear to another.