Chapter eight

chapter 8 - greet me

~smile~

I already had put on some make up, when James arrived at my house.

My eyes go over the outfits that I prepared and layed down on my bed, when James hugs me from behind and gives me a kiss on the cheek!

"Hey!", I say, a bit confused why he was so touchy.

"Hey!", he says.

"You smell good!", the guitarist notices.

"Thanks, that's a new perfume my mom got me"

"Sorry, for cuddling and kissing you. Con was looking out from his window, and I wasn't sure if he saw us, so I thought I would greet you properly"

"No problem!", I actually enjoyed it, I smile inside. Is this what it feels like to be in a relationship?

The guitarist looks away from me and on my bed: "Need help to pick out an outfit?"

Now I look at him. He looks good. He wears a button down shirt, a necklace, black jeans, his beloved denim jacket and a ring on his finger and as always he smells ridiculously good. I guess that's my new favorite smell.

"I do!", I show him the two options.

"Definitely the dress!", he says.
"Alright!" I walk into the bathroom and get changed.

"Can you help me?", I walk out and ask him to zip up my dress. Why did I buy a dress that I can't close on my own? Whatever, now I have two extra hands to help me. Lucky me.

"Sure!", the guitarist puts his hand on my waist and slowly closes the zipper: "There you go"

"Thank you", I turn around and look into his eyes. I love the green of his eyes.

He breathes out deeply. I realize how close we are and walk to my mirror: "And what should I do with my hair?", I try to see if it looks better up, or down.

"I like your hair naturally! Just let it be how it is!", he says.

"Really?", I always thought my hair looked boring that way.

"Believe me! You look great!"

Through the mirror I look into his face. He is smiling. It's a different smile than usual, but I like it. He quickly looks down: "We better go now!"

"Right!" I put on some chapstick, threw it in my bag and took my purse with me. My date called an uber and we drive to Tris together. He opens the car door for me.

"Always a gentleman", I say.