Chapter thirteen

chapter thirteen - wake me up

I wake up, realizing, I lay on James chest, his arm around me and it feels amazing, to wake up like this.

"Good morning, sweetheart", the handsome guitar player next to me says. I love all those nicknames he has for me.

After we had breakfast together, I say goodbye to James outside the front door.

He hugs me tightly: "Goodbye Honey"

James gives the best hugs. Though, I kinda wished he would have kissed me again.

"Bye", I say.

It feels nice, I don't want him to go. I'd prefer spending some more time with him than having to study alone in my room the rest of the day.

....

It's monday again. James was busy with uni stuff on Sunday, so we didn't see each other.

I am on my way home from school, looking on my phone, if James texted me. But nothing.

"Cara!", Con shouts as I walk to my front door.

"Hey Con!", I smile at him.

"Home from school?", he ask.

"Yes!"

"So if you are not busy with homework or anything, would you want to hang out sometime?"

"Sure!", I say, try to hide my excitement.

"Great! See you around!"

"Bye!"

So I think Con just asked me on a date! I have to tell James! I hope I don't bother him in a studying session. I call him immediately, after I close the door to my room.

"Hey Darling" , he started to call me darling and it's my favorite nickname he has for me. I get goosebumps.

"Hey, I think Connor asked me on a date", I say excited.

"Really?"

"Well he asked me if we want to hang out sometime?!"

"Hang out?", the person on the other side of the call repeats.

"Yes!"

"Sounds good, so go and ask him when you want to hang out!"

"What? Don't you think that comes a bit needy? You told me to be unavailable!", I argue.

His tips confuse me.

"No, just say, you would like to hang out and you are a spontaneous person. Guys like that!"

"Alright, thank you!", I say and add: " Will you come over later? After you're finished studying"

"Sure. I could need a break", he says and I can hear how he stretched himself.

I can't wait for James to be here: "Can't wait! See you soon babe", I say.

He smiles: "Bye Cara!"

A smile forms on my face when I hang up. It's going amazing, isn't it?

Wait? Did I just call him babe? Is this weird? No. I mean. He also has nicknames for me, so why shouldn't I call him babe?

"I bought some groceries, I thought we could have our movie night date, you wanted. We could bake pizza together and watch a movie afterwards?", James says as he stands at my door a few hours later. My eyes light up. How do I deserve such a thoughtful guy as a friend.

I helped him put the groceries into my fridge: "You bought a pineapple?"

"Yeah, why not?", he says as he turns on the oven to preheat it.

"You like pineapple on pizza?"

"You don't?"

"Absolutely not! What do you think of olives?", I ask my date.

"I love them!"

"Urg no. A no for me. I don't like olives either"

"Oh princess!", he says: "At least we both agree that we like pizza"

"True", I laugh.

"James, do you want to listen to some music?", before we start to put the ingredients on the pizza.

"Yes, please!"

I turn on some songs that I know he would like, like speechless, homesick, Glitter, Dakota, Naive and so on. I love his taste in music. It's very similar to mine.

"Now let's take a picture of our masterpiece", James says, shoots a photo and posts it.

"Hashtag pizza party, pizzadate, foodporn, pineapple, darling", he adds to the caption.

"Ready, so let's put it in the oven"

While we eat our pizza, we watch the notebook together and cuddle on the sofa. I like these kinds of nights. No stress that he would try anything. If I would do this with another guy, I would be worried, if he wanted to make out or more, but with James it's so chill and easy. I know where I stand with him and I really enjoy his company. My eyes look at him, he's so beautiful. He looks at me: "What?"

"Nothing"

"Tell me! Do I have something between my teeth?"

"No", I smile: "I am just very grateful to have you James!"

"Me too", he kisses me on my forehead and I cuddle myself into his arms again.