Chapter twentyfour

Chapter 24 - miss me

~Driver's license ~

"You really know you are in love with a person, when you are really miss them, when you don't see them for a few days" - James McVey

I haven't seen him in days and it's weird, I really miss him. I miss hanging out with him, talking to him, seeing him, texting him, driving with him. Things like calling him and just hearing his voice, having him sleep next to me. I miss feeling his arm around me, holding me, feeling his breath in my neck. Just having him around would be enough.

I really wish I could talk to him. Talk to him about the song, about my feelings, about us. About what is going on in my mind and more importantly ask him how he is doing, what he is feeling and if he is seeing someone.

I had one driving lesson with my dad and it wasn't the best. My dad seemed more nervous than me. He was yelling at me and made me feel very insecure about it. I miss James' lightweight energy, his kind words, his comforting touches.

Everyone would tell me I should be over the moon to go on a date with Con, but it feels like I am missing something - someone in my life. However I still try to focus on the date with Connor, next week.

....

*The day of the date with Connor*

I wake up, stretch myself and take my phone from the nightstand. I expected James to write me a good morning text or good luck or maybe some last tips for my date tonight, but there are no new notifications on my phone. We dated for a while, and he didn't have to write me good morning & good night texts, but now I miss them. It was nice knowing someone was thinking about you, after they woke up and takes the time to let you know.

Even though we were never a real couple, it was weird breaking up, because I don't know what to say or do I miss being in a fakelationship. Is this normal? Should I ask Luna? Normally I would ask James all this stuff. I mean, we are still friends, so why don't I ask him?

He said I can still call him anytime if I have questions.

"Hey" I text him.

"Hi Cara! How are you doing?"

"I could need some help", I text him: "Can you come over?"

We welcome hug, when he stands in front of my door about half an hour later.

I missed this so much. I missed him so much. His touch. His smell. His presence.

"Do you think it's weird for Con, when you are over?", I quickly ask.

"Why would he? We're still friends, Cara!", even now he knows how to comfort me.

I start to play with the necklace around my neck.

Was Luna right that James wrote "Part of me", about us? Why wouldn't he say anything? If he really misses me? Maybe we already just had our chance, and it's over now.

"So which dress ?", I ask my "dating advisor", how he called himself on our last date.

"I would go with this!", the brown haired boy points at the skirt and the nicer blouse I layed out on my bed.

"And you should keep your hair open", he says, as if he could read my mind.

"Thanks", I smile.

"How are you?", James asks me.

"Nervous! But I feel better now that you are here"

He hugs me tightly: "You got this!"

"Should I wait here for you?"

"You don't have to. But actually, I would love that! I better get dressed now. I am already running a little bit late!"

I brush my hair and let it fall over my shoulder.

"You look stunning!", James says, as I walk out of the bathroom.

"Thanks!"

"I mean you always look stunning, but you know I think this outfit is.... it's perfect!", never saw him so speechless.

"You are the sweetest James!"

"No problem!", James continues: "Con is a lucky guy", he takes my hand and twirls me around: "I wish you the best night ever! Enjoy! I am kinda jealous to be honest"

Is he hinting at something? Or am I overthinking again. I can't just ask him.

"What? Now that you're single again, I bet all the girls are lining up and you will break many hearts!"

"Well, they won't be you!", he smiles at me and I try to read his face.

"They are better and the girl that gets you is going to be extremely lucky. What about the girl from the concert?"

"Who?", he looks confused.

"The one with the long blond hair, who was flirting with you"

"You mean Nicole?"

"Yes. She is pretty"

"Yeah she is", James says.

I kiss him on the cheek: "Thank you so much! It wouldn't be possible without you"

"Your prince is here on his horse", he says and opens the door.

Connor waits with a limousine outside, in a button up, and suspenders.

"Wow!", my eyes and mouth almost drops.
"Thank you James! For everything you have done!"

"Have fun little princess", he places a soft kiss on my forehead.

"And you should call Nicole!"

"I will!"