Chapter sixteen

Chapter 16 - drive me (crazy)

The next morning I felt like shit.

James lent me some sweatpants and a hoodie that I could wear after the shower I took this morning. He even made me breakfast. What a man! The young man is this extremely caring person, which is what I love about him.

I told him what happened last night, at least the parts that I do remember.

"We just hung out, and they wanted to go to a club, but forgot that I couldn't get in", I tell him, drinking some orange juice.

"And he left you alone in front of the club?"

"No. I mean yes, but only because I said I am fine or I will go home or something, I can't remember! I only remember that they left me with the bottle of vodka", I try to explain to him, but it doesn't make as much sense as it did yesterday. My eyes look down at the table.

"Well, still not very gentleman-like. Maybe I should talk to him!", now James sounds like a dad, while he bites into his avocado bread.

"No, please don't! Like I said, it was my fault, I said I was fine"

"I just want you to know that you deserved to be treated like a princess!", his green eyes find mine. I nod and smile. That's very sweet of him to say.

The boy with the brown light hair continues: "Cara, promise me, to call me anytime, I don't want anything happening to you when drunk in the middle of the night, and you can't walk anymore. Never hesitate to call me! Promise me!", he takes my hand.

"I promise! Thanks!"

"So what's next?", I ask him while we put the dirty dishes into the dishwasher.

"Con will probably sleep all day. I would say I will bring you home, you can sleep, take a nice bath!"

"Sounds amazing", I smile. I still wear his sweatpants and shirt.

"Ehhh, I can't remember changing yesterday. Did- Did you, you know..."

"Did I see you in your underwear?", he asks.

I nod blushing.

"I hope I wasn't crossing any boundaries, but honestly you didn't seem to have a lot of control over your body anymore, so thought I'd help you"

I blush even more and quickly look onto the floor. How embarrassing!

James keeps talking: "But, you know it's not like I haven't seen a girl in underwear or less. Besides, I personally think there's no difference to a bikini and you have seen me with just a towel on, so I guess we are even now",

He's right. Also weird. I haven't thought about James with another girl or his love life in general. I mean, does he have a crush on someone? Is he inviting girls over, when I am not here? Is he doing things with them?

I blush thinking about this. But well, his words slightly made me feel better and made it less awkward: "Alright. Sorry again for the whole drama"

"Don't worry. I am just happy you came home safe and you're better now! You are, are you? Your cheeks are red? Did I do something wrong? I didn't mean to...", he stutters.

Now I made it even more awkward. Just because I can't stop thinking about James giving some girl guitar lessons in his apartment, and maybe show her some of his other skills.

"No, I'm fine. You don't have to worry", I lie.

I can't stop thinking about it. If he is inviting girls over, do I have the right to be jealous? It's not like this is real. Whatever this is. Should I ask him about our status? If we date or if we are in a relationship and if he wants to see other girls. No I guess, too much embarrassment for the last 24 hours.

James takes his keys and we walk outside of the door, he touches my back and we go to his car.

....

"Maybe I should get my drivers license, so you don't have to drive me around all the time" , I say as we turn into the street where I live.

"I could give you some lessons if you want?", my date and guitar teacher suggests.

"You would do that?", I ask him.

"Of course!"

"Sounds amazing and we will see eachother tomorrow?"

"See you soon!"

"I can't wait!"

He smiles and I would love to kiss him again, but I hug him goodbye: "Bye Darling!"

I turn around, after I walked a few steps towards my door: "Ehhh, James. Thank you and I want to apologize again for last night. I promise I will never do that again"

"I am just really glad you called me! You know that's what boyfriends are here for", he smiles and drives off. I guess he's officially my boyfriend now. My fake boyfriend.