Chapter seventeen

Chapter 17 - drive me

Another boring school day goes by. It slowly gets stressful. The first exams are around the corner. Not just for me, but also for James.

Luna and I walk home.

"So how is the fake dating going?", my cousin asks me straightforwardly.

"Good. I guess", I scratch my arm: "Con and I went out the other night with some friends of him, but well I drank too much alcohol, so it didn't end well"

"Oh, I am sorry to hear that. But you went out! That's a good sign. Did you get closer to him?"

"No, we didn't", I look down at my shoes and crack with my knuckles.

"And your feelings for him? Are you already in love?", Luna asks and I feel like I am getting interrogated.

"I am not sure. I like him and get excited, but we still get to know each other"

"And, what about James?"

A slight smile forms on my face:"He is the best. We got really close"

"Close", she repeats and smiles at me.

"Yes", I bite my lip.

"Do you trust him on the dating thing?", I never knew how noisy my cousin could be.

"Yeah, I mean. I trust him. But, it's so different when I am with Connor and when I am with James. I am unsure about it"

"Unsure about what?"

"My feelings, I guess. Since we kissed at the bar, something has changed and I still feel a bit stupid, about when he picked me up when I was drunk and had to sleep at his. He's such a good guy doing this for me, even though he barely knows me and I am confused because I have no idea what he really thinks of me. Maybe he's annoyed by me and that he has to date me"

"First of all, he suggested it. Second of all, he won't be annoyed. James can't get annoyed by anyone, and the only one I know who could get on his nerve is Tris. But, let's rewind. What did you say? You slept at his place?"

"I couldn't go home drunk like that", I try to defend myself and explain the situation.

"No, it's sweet! You should spend more time with both of them. Find out what each of them really thinks of you and what you truly think of them and with 'think of them', I mean how you feel when you are with them"

"I guess you're right!", I am so grateful we had this talk. Luna is like the big sister, that I don't have.

"I am always right! And please tell this Tristan, because we could skip some discussions, if he would agree with you"

...

"Can I come over?", I ask James as I get home.

"Anytime ;)", he text me, so I decided to grab my bag and take the bus to his apartment.

James opens me the door, without a shirt on: "Hey sweetheart", he gives me a kiss on the cheek.

"Oh!", I say, walking inside.

"Sorry, I was just taking a shower!", he says and picks a shirt out of his closet while I just stand there watching him putting a shirt on. Sometimes I forget that James is a really handsome guy, with a really good looking body. I am thinking about the sex thing again and if he's missing something while we are "together".

"What do you think?"

"Sorry, what?", I ask him.

"I don't know. I just wondered what's going on in your mind. Did he say anything?"

"Who?", I ask. I really need to pay attention and stop looking at his body.

"Did Connor say anything?", he ask me again, so I finally understand where he's coming from.

"He did ask if I got home safe and I told him that you picked me up! I ask him today, if we wanna hang out, just us two"

"That's amazing sweetheart, what did he say?", the now fully dressed James walks into his hallway.

"Sure", I say, "This time better without alcohol, I guess"