Chapter twelve

Chapter 12 - surprise me

"Wanna come to the practice room?", James texts me this Saturday.

I quickly do my hair, and change from my comfy clothes, into something more cute.

"I thought Connor was here!", I say as I arrive at the practice room. James runs his finger through his hair: "He will be here in a minute! You wanna hear a song?"

"Sure", I sit down next to him.

"When we were in the car the other day, you said you really like the song, so I thought I would learn it on the guitar!"

I know the melody. "Speechless", I mumble: "That's my favorite song right now!"

"I know", the man next to me smiles.

"Aww, you are so cute!", I can't help but smile. I feel honored that he learned the chords to play this song for me. Nobody did that for me. My cheeks are probably a bit flushed righ now.

James starts to sing: "You say you'll be down in five

The smell of your perfume

Is floatin' down the stairs

You're fixin' up your hair like you do

I know that I'll be a mess

The second that I see you

You won't be surprised

It happens every time, It's nothin' new"

I can't help but smile and look at him the whole song. I start to think about the first time I was here, Connor walked in, how embarrassing everything was and in comparison how comfortable I already feel in James arms now. Sitting next to him, opening up to him, touching him, even kissing him.

The guitarist plays the last few chords and I look at James, he smiles looking at me.

"What?", I ask.

"Nothing! I just like to see you happy!", his hand resting on his guitar.

We look into each other's faces, when Tristan walks in: "Ready to rock?"

"Oh sorry, am I interrupting?", he quickly adds, looking at the two of us.

"Always", James says, laughing at Tristan.

"Sorry", the blonde says and sits down next to us.

"You just somehow always have the perfect timing ", James says sarcastically.

The other boys come in a few minutes later and they start their practice. I look at Con while they are playing, but somehow my eyes always wander to James.

James smiles at me and I smile back. James does so much for me. I don't know how to give back to him.

*Two hours later, when the band practice finished*

Connor turns to me: "Should I bring you home?", he asks and I look into his icy blue eyes.

"That would be nice", I remembered what James said the other day, to stay unavailable "but James and I wanted to go for a walk", I add fast.

"Oh, sure. Enjoy your walk then!", Con throws on his jacket.

"Of course! Thank you", I smile at him.

"So see you!", Connor says and leaves the room.

"Is this okay for you?", I ask, turning to James. Now we are the only ones in the room.

"Absolutely. I just wasn't expecting that you would say no?", the guitarist says, a little bit of confusion on his face.

"You said I should stay unavailable so I thought I would reject his offer", I explained to my guitarist and dating teacher.

"Right. Good point! I have time, so we can hang out. What do you wanna do?", James asks me.

"Let's go to the park!", I say. It's sunny outside.