Chapter two

Chapter two - text me

"How was your first day of school?" James texts me.

"Fine. The teachers and my classmates seem nice, but I am stillbconfused about all the rooms and where everything is though"

"I am glad you like it. So, do you already have homework or something other to do, or do you wanna hang out?"

"Why would I have homework on the first day of school?"

"I don't know what your school is like :)", the guitarist texts me back.

"No homework ;) I am free!"

"Perfect! I'll come by and pick you up!"

Twenty minutes later, James parks his car in front of my house.

"Hi", I say as he gets out of the car, runs his fingers through his hair.

"Hi", I say as we hug and he opens the door for me.

"Have you seen Connor in the meantime?", he asks me, while I get in.

"No. I was busy this weekend, buying some things to decorate my room. You?"

"We texted once in our groupchat"

"Cool!"

He starts the car and I ask: "What are we doing?"

"I promised you ice cream!"

"You did!", I smile. I only know James for a few days, but it's not weird at all doing this with him.

"So tell me about Connor!", I say as we sit on a bench in a park and enjoy the ice cream. He kindly paid for mine too.

"He is great! An amazing musician and songwriter! Really funny and a great friend! He enjoys life and likes to go out with his friends. As you know he likes to play video games. He plays the bass in the band and he can play the guitar too. But you should meet him. Why don't you come to band practice tomorrow!"

"Wouldn't it be weird?"

"No Luna comes too and you are related. You already know Tris. It's not like I take a random girl I just met and bring them with me"

"Hmm, okay, why not. Now I have to decide what to wear", I say and look at the children playing games at the park.

"Better underdressed than overdressed, you know. Con likes to wear jeans, t-shirt and flannels, suspenders, hoodies. But the best tip I can give you is to be yourself and wear something you feel comfortable in"

"You're right! Thanks James!""No problem!"