Chapter 7, Hero or traitor?

After hours of waiting, Aurora and Christina felt sleepy. They sat on the couch in front of him. Aurora fell asleep first on Christina's shoulder.

   "Lennard, what is Mani's secret?" Iris asked.

   "You should ask him," Lennard replied.

   "He wouldn't tell me." Iris frowned.

   "Why wouldn't he tell you, doesn't he trust you?" Lennard asked.

   "I think he does. I don't know. He seems to have changed lately. But I am sure he cares about me. He's like my hero." Iris answered.

   "He cares? Iris, your little boyfriend is using you. His family wants him to marry you so they could get your family's money. He doesn't care. He was just playing you." Lennard revealed.

   Iris' heart dropped. She wasn't able to understand what the boy in front of her was saying. "That's not true. How would you even know?"

   "Because his sister told me to bully you so he would look like the hero, but in reality, he was a traitor. And of course, I did what she told me because she was my brother's girlfriend. But now I don't owe that family anything." Lennard explained.

   Iris decided to ask Mani herself. She went up to him and asked: "Is your family after my money?"

   Mani looked scared, he didn't know what to say, so he tried to ask questions instead: "Why do you think that?"

   "It's a yes or no question, Mani. Just say one of them. But make it the true one." Iris responded.

   "Yes," Mani answered as Iris' face changed from doubtful to betrayed.

   "So you are a traitor," Iris mumbled.

   "But it's not what you think, Iris..." Mani tried.

   "I think I have had enough of boys playing me. But just so you would know, I really thought I had someone in this world that had my back, turns out it was the person who was trying to put a knife in it." Iris replied then walked out the door as Mani tried getting her attention again.

   Aurora suddenly woke up to Sky yelling. Lisa quickly went over to her son to comfort him as Christina noticed that Aurora was in tears.

   "Are you okay?" Christina asked.

   Sky was looking at Iris the moment he heard Christina's words. Aurora though couldn't calm her beating heart nor her tears. Her soul hurt her, it was hard for her to breathe, let alone talk.

   Lisa noticed that her son was well so she went over to check on Aurora. "What's happening to her?" Christina asked.

   "She is reliving trauma from her past life," Lisa answered. "It's very natural for the one with no choice to get those."

   "No choice?" Christina asked.

   "The soulmate of the one who picks to live again." Sky answered.

   "Is that what happened to you?" Christina asked Sky.

   "My case is different." Sky replied as he tried to calm Aurora too.

   The moment Aurora looked into Sky's eyes she yelled: "You're a traitor! A liar!"

   "Aurora, it's not me. Calm down." Sky responded.

   "It is! It's you. You're him. Don't deny it. I can recognize you in a heartbeat." Aurora snapped.

   "It's not Aurora, Sky, it's Iris," Lisa spoke as she backed Christina away from the two in order to keep her safe.

   "Aurora, use your mind. Control your soul please." Sky pleaded as Aurora was seconds away from passing out.

   "What happens if she doesn't?" Christina asked.

   "Her soul is taking control of her body without her mind. She could hurt herself because her soul is in pain." Lisa explained.

   "Aurora! Snap out of it. You're not Iris anymore. You're safe." Sky tried again.

   "Aurora, it's okay, you're better now." Christina joined.

   "You don't understand," Iris spoke through Aurora.

   "No, you don't." Sky felt himself say. "You misunderstood a lot. You trusted the wrong person."

   "Oh yeah? Prove it." Iris dared.

   Sky tried covering his mouth as he mumbled: "How do you want me to prove it now? We are in a new life."

   "Now what's happening?" Christina asked.

   "They knew each other in their old lives. Their souls are taking over their whole bodies. Sky is trying to stop it, while Aurora lost control." Lisa explained.

   "So what do we do?" Christina asked.

    "Take Aurora away from Sky, and don't tell her what happened," Lisa ordered.

   Christina pulled Aurora out of the shop as Lisa kept her son in it. After pulling her for a few minutes, Aurora finally regained control again.