Chapter 17, Fake

Layla talked to Adrien about the role he was going to play. She watched closely as she told him, but he seemed like he was only concentrating so he would do a good job. Looking at Aster, she seemed like she was ready to throw hands.

   "He isn't Sky." She blurted out once they were alone.

   "The only time someone gets a crush so early in their life is when they have met their soulmate. Why else did he stand out most?" Aster asked.

   "Maybe because my spirit longed for love? But it isn't him. You weren't there when I fell in love with him, it was intense, but now it's not. I even lost feelings for him in the same year." Layla argued.

   "Just give him a chance. You didn't recognize your soulmate in your past life that easily." Sky replied.

   Layla was starting to lose patience, she didn't want Adrien to act Sky, she felt it inside of her that he was not her soulmate, he was just a fake soulmate that entered her life once.

   "I don't get it. Why don't you want to go with Aster's choice?" Naomi asked.

   "I love Aster, I really do, but the boy is an idiot. I don't want Adrien to act Sky. He doesn't bring me comfort, I'm telling you, Aster was way better. With Adrien it's just awkward." Layla confessed.

   "It sounds like you are attracted to Aster. But what about Sky? It's like you're moving on." Naomi spoke.

   Layla's eyes widened as she denied: "No, I'm not. I want to find him, Naomi."

   "Layla, it's okay. I'm sure Sky would've wanted you to live your life and be happy. Even if it meant without him being there with you." Naomi calmed.

   "But it's impossible, we're soulmates, we're supposed to be together." Layla stated, starting to feel annoyed.

   "Sky meant a lot to me, but Layla, I knew him best. I know from Lisa that he wants you to move on. He wants you to be happy. Your happiness meant a lot to him that he was ready to die to give you the truth and stop that pain in you." Naomi explained.

   Layla felt her heart ache. She knew that Naomi was right, but she felt guilty. Sky sacrificed himself for her, she didn't want to be happy if she wasn't with him, but she also knew what she felt for Aster wasn't fake either. At that moment, she wished that they were the same person, but sadly she knew that they weren't, because Aster didn't feel anything when he saw Sky's photo.

   Later that day, she was laying in bed as she remembered something. There was a red card that she was given from Lisa. That red card had something written on it. She just didn't know what it was.

   She grabbed her phone and called Christina. When the woman picked up the phone, Layla quickly asked: "Is the red card with you?"

   Christina was confused at first, but then remembered the card her best friend was given the last day of school. She went over to her belongings and searched for the card. Then a red card appeared. "It's here." Christina answered.

   "What's written in it?" Layla asked.

   Christina opened the card in hope that this time she'll be able to read something, but she wasn't, so she sighed: "I can't read anything in here. Only you can."

   Layla thought that this was it, if she opened that card, she'll be able to finally find something that would lead her to Sky. She wanted to get that card and open it badly, but she knew that she couldn't so late at night.