Chapter 8: Who is the moon?

A few days passed, and Aurora couldn't recall a single thing that happened when she woke up. All that she could remember was her dream about Iris.

   She tried texting Sky to find out more, but he never replied. "He stalked me for days then he ghosts me. How nice." She complained.

   But then when she saw her dream journal, she decided to reread it, in case she missed something. As she read, she realized that Mani was the traitor, it all made perfect sense, except for one part, why did he seem to be on bad terms with Lennard, if it was all a plan?

   Then another thought got into her mind, who was Sky? She went on the internet to web search names that mean sun, stars, rainbows, then finally moon.

   "It has to be one of these." She spoke as she searched. Then her eyes fell on one name, 'Mani'.

   "Mani means moon?" She wondered. "Is Sky Mani?"

   Aurora started to think hard. She did feel unsafe when she first met Sky, and it did seem like he was playing with her when she wanted to find out who her soulmate was. Mani and Lennard did have issues, and that would explain why Sky got uneasy when she mentioned Lennard in the beginning. All the pieces were finally falling into place with her.

   She grabbed the red card she was given on the last day of school, and ran over to Lisa's shop. When she entered, she went over to Sky and asked: "Are you Mani?"

   Sky's smile disappeared from his face upon hearing the girl's words. She looked mad, and he knew that what happened the other day would be a friction of Iris's anger.

   "Sky, it's a yes or no question. Choose one." Aurora spoke impatiently.

   "Yes." Sky revealed. "But before you say anything, let me explain."

   "Explain what? You were a traitor." The betrayed girl replied, "No wonder why I felt uncomfortable around you when we first met."

   "Aurora, Iris, whoever you are, you don't know the whole story yet, don't judge." Sky responded.

   "Then explain. Prove to me that you are not a traitor." Aurora dared.

   "It's not easy, but that letter in your hand, that letter has more answers than you think." Sky replied.

   "I brought this letter here so your mom will tell me where I can find Lennard. He's my soulmate, isn't he? He was the one who told me the truth. He is my real hero." Aurora spoke.

   Sky felt heartbroken when he heard her say those words. "He's the real traitor."

   "Well traitor or not, I have had enough living both lives. Where is he?" Aurora asked.

   "He isn't here." The boy answered.

   "Look, I suffered in my past life, and now I am suffering in this one. First, I want to punch him for making me suffer twice, then I'll get nice. But with you, I am ready to get violent." Aurora threatened.

   "He isn't here, Aurora. I know nothing about him." Sky replied.

   "Then who picked the moon deck?" Aurora asked.

   Sky looked unsure if he should reveal it to Aurora. He knew that the truth can ruin many things, but he had no choice, she wasn't going to back down.

   "I did. They were my cards." He admitted.