Chapter 18, The Sky and Stars

When Layla woke up the next day, she knew it was the day of filming. She called Christina to tell her to bring the card with her. When she got to the store where they were going to film, she saw Aster and suddenly the card was history to her.

   "Morning Layla, how are you?" He asked.

   "I'm nervous, but ready I guess." She spoke, as she tried to keep it cool.

   Christina came up to Layla and gave her the card. "What is this?" Aster asked.

   "Nothing." Layla replied as she took the card and put it in her pocket. "Let's get everyone ready." She ordered.

   After filming a few scenes, Layla wanted to take a bathroom break. When she entered the bathroom, she remembered the card in her pocket. She took it out and looked at it, hesitant to open it. "I wanted to know who you are for so long, but why am I losing that feeling? I still love you, but why am I losing sight of that?" She wondered.

   Then she heard a knock on the door. When she opened it, she saw Aster standing there with his camera, saying: "Adrein has a dentist appointment in an hour, we need to hurry."

   Layla sighed as she came out of the bathroom, Aster stopped her, saying: "Wait, you didn't wash your hands."

   "I haven't done anything yet. You gave me a minute in there." She replied in a grumpy tone as she walked to her place.

   She wasn't really mad, she was frustrated. She didn't know why she was feeling the way she did, she was very confused and scared.

   "Okay, let's take it to the scene where Sky dies." Aster spoke, but then he noticed his mother and two friends look at him in a judgmental way. "Sorry." he apologized.

   Adrien got into his place as Layla got ready to pretend to cry. She felt nothing towards Adrien, so for most of the movie, she was really acting.

   "Sky, please wake up." Layla acted. "Stop playing."

   "He isn't going to wake up." Christina spoke, "What he did was so powerful that it killed him."

   "So now what?" Layla asked. "Sky please."

   Layla then realised that she wasn't acting anymore, the scene replayed in her head as she found herself embodying Aurora. She was crying hard, calling Sky's name.

   Aster started crying too behind the camera, he started mouthing: "It's okay." over and over again until he mouthed: "Aurora." The boy stood in a trance, he felt his eyes leave the scene in front of him and enter a different scene.

   "I have to find her mom." Sky spoke.

   "You will. We just have to wait for her to come. We can't speed it up, it will ruin things." Lisa replied.

   "But it's killing me. I have to find her. I have to fix this." Sky cried.

   "Baby, no matter where you two go, you will always find your ways to each other. She will always be there, you will meet, you will have your happy ending. Eventually." Lisa comforted her son.

   Aster snapped out of his trance and looked at Layla. He finally found her, he felt happiness like never before. She was looking for him, she was waiting for him this time. This time, he was the one being searched for. He knew that his soulmates really did love him.