Chapter 15, Change

Layla came up with an idea to make a film about her past life and post it online. This way many people would be able to watch it, and when Sky sees it, he'll know where to go.

   "You really wrote about your past life and didn't think about how strange it is?" Naomi asked.

   "I don't have psychic powers like some people," Layla commented.

   "So, you'll play Aurora, right?" Aster asked as he printed the script.

   "Definitely," Layla replied.

   "And you'll play Christina?" The boy asked again, this time looking at Naomi.

   "Well, personally I am Lisa, so I would love to play her, but I am too young, so I'll switch places with your mom," Naomi answered.

   "You people are too weird." Aster sighed.

   "What are we going to name the movie?" Christina asked.

   "It'll be a magical movie, so how about something very unique?" Naomi asked.

   "Light in the sky, just like the Aurora Borealis in the sky," Layla stated.

   "I see the symbolism there," Aster commented as he rolled his eyes.

   "All we have left is to find someone to play Sky," Christina noted.

   "Can you?" Layla asked her best friend.

   "I'd rather not. I can't watch you act that you're in love with me, it's too weird." Aster replied.

   "It'll be a challenge for both of us, but we need a boy. Sky was a boy." Layla remarked.

   "Fine, I'll do it. But I need a few days to memorize this thing. Not everyone here has lived in that past life." Aster responded.

   "Take as much time as you need." Layla smiled.

   "That means hurry up, doesn't it?" Aster asked as his best friend nodded crazily, "okay fine, just don't break your neck."

   Naomi grabbed her tarot deck and asked everyone there to pick a card. Aster didn't really seem to care but he still picked a card just so he wouldn't have to hear any complaints.

   "Layla, you picked the star, that means hope." Naomi smiled. "Justice, Christina, you'll get clarity." Then she looked at the unamused boy. "The wheel of fortune, change, how interesting."

   "What do you mean change?" Aster asked.

   "Change in plans, change in traditions, change." Naomi replied showing that she is unamused by the boy's facial expressions.

   "Is it a good change?" Aster asked, this time showing a more concerned face.

   "I don't know, I am not as powerful as Lisa." Naomi answered.

   "Great, now I'm worried." Aster complained.

   "Don't be, if you read my story, you'll see, change isn't always bad." Layla cheered up.

   "Dude, Sky dies at the end of it. You said it yourself." Aster spoke.

   "But there is hope." Layla smiled, thinking that this time she is not going to let him die, this time the story changed, and he will stay alive.