Chapter 12, Real

After a month into college, Naomi grew closer to Layla. So, on a weekend Layla decided to let Aster meet her new friend. But what happened that day surprised her.

   Naomi and Layla were walking in the park when Aster went over to the two girls. But the moment Naomi and Aster saw each other Naomi started crying.

   "What's wrong?" Layla asked.

   "I don't know, but you give me such a sad vibe." Naomi answered.

   Aster didn't know how to reply to that, so he just apologized. The sad girl suddenly felt better when she saw Aster's mother. "Christina!" She yelled.

   Aster and Layla stood in their place with their jaws dropping as the young girl gave the woman a hug. "You know her?" Aster asked.

   "Christina is my mom's friend." Naomi replied.

   "Do you all know each other?" Christina asked.

   "I just met him, but I have known Layla for a month." Naomi answered.

   "How is this even real? This feels like a story." Aster asked, then he realized his mistake and looked at his best friend.

   "Idea! I really love you; you know that." She stated.

   Naomi looked at the two best friends in curiosity, but Aster explained saying: "She loves me because I give her story ideas. Weird mind this one has."

   "No one told you to be my friend." Layla responded to Aster.

   "You literally did. You were like 'want to be friends?' and I was like 'since there is no one else, fine.' remember?" Aster replied.

   Layla frowned as she spoke: "I hate you."

   "I hate you; I love you. Their relationship reminds me of one my best friend had with someone." Christina sighed.

   "Actually, it reminds me of Aurora and Sky's story. She hated him, loved him, hated him again, then loved him so much in the end. It's kind of sad that I can't find the perfect ending to the story." Layla explained.

   Her words made Christina freeze, the woman was so surprised that she was barely able to utter: "Aurora and Sky?"

   "Yeah, I had this very intense dream one day, and I knew that I needed to write it down. After a few days I wrote an entire story about these lovers who lived two lives." Layla replied.

   "Can I read it?" Christina asked.

   "Sure. Here." Layla smiled as she handed Christina her phone.

   Christina looked at her son as he spoke: "She's ready for any reader."

   Christina focused really hard on the story. I was only a few pages long, but she took two hours to finish it. During that time the teenagers were walking on a trail nearby.

   The moment Christina saw Layla, she pulled her aside to talk to her. "Have you ever heard of this? Anyone told you?" The woman asked.

   "No. It was a dream I had. It felt so real that I had to write it down. I just had to." Layla answered.

   "Layla, sweetie, your story is real. It happened in real life. And did you notice that you used my name?" Christina asked.

   "I wanted to name her something else, but I couldn't, it didn't feel right." Layla replied, "But what do you mean that it's real?"

   "Question, what did the character Christina feel like?" The woman questioned. "A friend? A stranger? A nuisance?"

   "Well in the dream, I loved her so much. She even looked so much like you. I interpreted it in a way that the reason why is because you're the mother of my best friend, who I love so much." Layla explained.

   "So how would it feel if I called you Aurora?" Christina asked. "How are you, Aurora?"

   Layla didn't reply, but she felt a weird feeling inside her. It was like her heart was jumping up and down, and before she knew it a tear left her left eye.

   Christina quickly knew that the girl standing in front of her was her best friend. She quickly went over to her and gave her the biggest hug. She missed her best friend, and knowing that the young lady is her, made her own heart jump with joy.