Chapter 19, The end of the confusion

Layla stood up and took the card out of her pocket. Naomi went over to Adrien to tell him that he did a good job, while Aster was staring at Layla as if no one else in the world existed. When he saw the red card in her hand, he went over to her. Layla opened the card and read the date December 17. "That is Aster's birthday." She thought.

   But when Aster stood next to her and read with her, the other words became readable. "The light needs something to shine on, whether it's the moon, sky, or in the night, the light will always shine."

   Layla and Aster looked at each other. They couldn't believe that after so much time, they were finally together. She quickly gave him a hug saying: "don't leave this time."

   The boy felt so warm in her arms. He felt safe, as if in that moment nothing could touch him, he was invincible. He longed so long to hear her say those words and now that she has, he felt as if he was on top of the world.

   When Aster replied to Layla saying: "I won't" Layla felt happy, a smile appeared on her face as she cried tears of joy. She finally found him, and she knew this time, things will be different, because she will make sure they'll stay together.

   After several lives, multiple misunderstanding, and heartbreaks, they were finally able to live their lives together. This time, they were more understanding. They tried to remember how much pain they felt apart, so whenever they argued, they never slept without making sure the other was fine. People would tell them that they live a fantasy, but they knew the reason why their love was strong was because it was tested multiple times. No fight, argument, or misunderstanding was worth losing each other again, they knew that, and that's why their third life was the one that they enjoyed the most.