Chapter 13, Right Here

Christina invited Layla over at a time where her son was in class. As Layla went inside Christina's room, she felt weird. "Is it really okay if I come in?" She asked.

   "Yes." Christina laughed.

   The owner of the room let out a box, that box had many things inside of it, but Christina took her time to get them all out. The first thing she got out was a shirt with the word 'lover' on it.

   "Aurora was indeed a lover, while I was a genius." The woman spoke. The next item was a ring with the rose quartz on it. "This ring, I am waiting to give Aster, but it also reminds me of Aurora, she loved rose quartz."

   "Aster does too, he's obsessed with them," Layla added.

   Christina smiled at the comment, then she pulled out two tarot decks. "The sun and moon."

   "Aurora and Sky," Layla replied as tears filled her eyes.

   But what made her sob were the pictures Christina showed her of them. "Those were Aurora, Sky, Lisa, and me." She explained.

   Layla held Sky's picture as she placed it next to her heart. She was crying very hard, calling for his name and knowing that he isn't going to come.

   "Are you really Aurora? Layla?" Christina asked.

   "She's here." Layla replied, pointing at her heart, "She's in me. I can feel her, she's here, and she misses him. She misses him so much." Her tears were filling her face as she asked: "Where is he, Christina? I want Sky."

   After hours of talking, Christina asked Layla: "Do you know why I named my son Aster?"

   "Because he is the star in your life?" Layla asked.

   "Because Aurora was the light, she brought light into this world. And what better light at night than the light of the stars when the moon is eclipsed? He reminded me of her. The moment I saw my son, my first thought wasn't like any other mother's, I thought of how his soul reminded me of my best friend." Christina replied.

   "But if I am Aurora, then how come Aster reminded you of her?" Layla asked.

   "I don't know. But he was born on a day she loved so much." Christina answered.

   But before any of them were able to continue the conversation, Aster walked into the house looking exhausted.

   "Hey bro, how was college?" Layla asked.

   A surprised Aster answered: "I hate college. What are you doing here?"

   "I invited her for some coffee," Christina replied.

   "Poor you mom, but you do know Layla doesn't drink coffee, right?" Aster questioned.

   "I do now." Christina laughed, "She wouldn't drink it. I think I can kiss the next four nights goodbye because I drank way too much."

   "Like I said, poor you. Layla always has something up her sleeve. I sometimes think that her soulmate has a big surprise coming his way. And it's right here." The boy teased as he pointed at Layla.

   "Right here yourself. Your soulmate has more of a surprise than mine." The annoyed girl replied.

   "Now now kids, don't go back to being ten-year-olds. Your bickering never stops. Sometimes I doubt your love for each other." Christina joked.

   "Oh, we love each other, but love doesn't exist without bickering. How else will we keep the fire alive?" Aster responded.

   "Well, make sure that fire doesn't burn down any house. I don't think insurance covers a fire due to friendship." Christina laughed.