chapter 9, Is this the truth?

Aurora couldn't believe her ears. There was no way that her soulmate is the same person that betrayed her in her past life. "Don't lie to me." She responded.

   "It's not a lie, it's the absolute truth." Sky replied.

   "Why would Iris's soulmate betray her?" Aurora asked.

   "I didn't, Mani didn't betray Iris. Iris never found out what really happened." Sky answered.

   "Then reveal the truth." Aurora dared.

   "It's not that easy. I can't transfer a memory from me to you unless..." Sky stopped talking because he realized that he can finally reveal the truth to his soulmate.

   "Unless what?" Aurora asked.

   "Forget it, you want to know the truth? Fine then, sit down and relax, we will form a connection, but promise me to not release from it until you find out the whole truth. No matter what happens in the outside world." Sky spoke.

   "Why? What will happen?" Aurora asked. "You know I don't trust you."

   "For me to transfer my memory to you, that's going to take a lot of energy." Sky answered. "But it's worth it if your soul can finally know the truth. But it's all your choice afterward. Living again, it was my fault you suffered twice, at least this way all this would lead to an answer."

   Aurora didn't say a thing. She just sat on the couch and waited for Sky to sit next to her. He laid his head on her shoulder as he closed his eyes. She didn't push him off in fear to ruin the connection being formed.

   "You're pretty smart Mani, playing Iris like a toy," Lennard spoke.

   "I am not." Mani replied.

   "Your sister told me everything. You can't run away from the truth." Lennard stated.

   "My sister told you that my family is after Iris's family's money, but here's the truth Lennard, I am not. That's why I am trying to keep her as my best friend, this way my family can't force her to marry me, if she sees me as a brother." Mani revealed.

   "But she's not like a sister to you. Why would you do that?" Lennard asked.

   "Some things are more valuable than my own happiness, and that's her happiness." Mani replied.

   "Do you really think she'll believe that?" Lennard asked.

   "No, but eventually she'll find out the truth. I will make sure of that, even if it kills me." Mani answered.

   Days after Iris found out 'the truth', it was revealed to her that her 'traitor's' family house was destroyed, and Mani was in it. Iris didn't know how she felt about this. In her mind he was the person using her, but deep down inside, she was upset.

   She found comfort with Lennard, but after a few days he started to act differently. Maybe it was because she wasn't developing any feelings for him that he started losing patience. The last thing that Iris saw was being locked in a closed room that was set on fire.

   Aurora woke up with her heart beating fast. She finally knew the truth. Mani was trying to protect her, but she ignored him. She looked over to Sky and found him still lying on her shoulder. She tried tapping him, but the moment her hand touched his face she felt that it was freezing cold.

   She didn't want to think negatively, so she tried shaking him, but he still wouldn't wake up. She called the boy's mom as she tried checking his pulse. Unfortunately, there was no pulse.

   "Sky, please wake up." She begged. "Stop playing."

   "He isn't going to wake up." Lisa cried, "What he did was so powerful that it killed him."

   "So now what?" Aurora asked.

   Despite grieving for her son, Lisa knew that he was going to die that day. She didn't need her cards to tell her that, she knew that her son was going to go to extremes to show Iris the truth. When she looked at Aurora, she didn't feel any hate or anger towards her, she knew that the girl in front of her was someone her son loved more than himself.

   Meanwhile, Aurora kept wishing: "Choose another life." Since Sky did tell her that it was her choice this time, she decided that she wanted a chance to be with him. She wanted to live a life, where she can finally be with her soulmate.

   Days, then months, then years passed. Aurora visited Lisa every day, and Lisa took care of the girl as her own daughter, since it would be something her son would've wanted. Aurora though started getting sick. Christina was Aurora's most trusted friend, so Aurora gave her the red card she was given the day she met her soulmate again.