Chapter 22

I try to move, but I can't. My foot won't move, they just won't move. I try to will to go, but I cannot. The wolves are getting closer, I need to move! I thrust my are forward and slam the door just in time. I hear wolves' heads colliding with the rickety door. I just simply stand there, watching the door sway violently with each wolf hitting it. I can stay like this. I can't stay human, I need to transform. I know I've only done it once, but it seems like the only option right now. But I can't remember how to.

Before I know it, there is a flash or light. My skin crawls and I look at my hands. They're covered in fur. In only a matter of moments, I am a wolf. I look at my dad, who is appalled. I try to tell him to transform as well, but it just comes out in a series of barks and moans. But he understands.

He transforms as well, but it only takes him a matter of seconds. I guess he just has more experience. But how did he understand me? How did that happen? He barks at me, and I understand him. He wants me to follow him. We go to the door leading to the underground panic room. It feels weird being back again. But we don't stop there, we can't stay here.

We go out the back door. We run, and I can hear the wolves behind us. They made it into the hut. It's only a matter of time before they make it into the panic room. And then find the back door. We need to move, and fast. My dad leads me to the cave we first met, the cave I found out I had a dad. Where I found out I wasn't alone.

But there is another wolf inside.