Chapter 9

I feel someone pick me up. It's not a wolf, they're a human. I look up at their face. It's a girl. She looks about my age. She runs with me, stuggling, but not to much. She runs with me in her arms. Suddenly she ducks into a small cave. It's very hidden.
Now I realize she's saving me! This is a debt I can never repay. I will myself to transform back to my human self. It takes a few tries, but it finally works. We sit there, looking eachother in the face. We sit in silence, listening to the faint padding of the hunters' paws on the ground.
She's wearing the same exact outfit the girl in my "pack" wear. And I know she's a Hunter, and I know the Hunter's would never,ever wear the same outfit as us. She wants to be one of us. And I'm going to make that happen, only if she's okay with that.
I try to spark a conversation. "So, what's your name?" I ask. I realize that this isn't the most original question, but hey, you have to start with the basics.
"Emily, but you can call me Em. I've been watching you. Not in a creepy stalker way or anything, but still. You have good instincs. We can work well together." she replies. That sparks some curiosity inside me. "By the way," I reply, "thank you so much for saving me! I owe you big time!" She thinks, and then responds. "You owe me huh? Then be my friend."
That's what she wants? Phew! "Deal! That's easy!" I reply, enthusiastically.
She replies with a sly "That's not as easy as you think. Just wait and see." What is that supposed to mean? "You're not evil or anything, right? I mean, you said it yourself." I ask half serious and half jokingly. She laughs, and I'm relieved because that's the response I was hoping for.
"So you're Jason's niece,huh?" she asks, getting comfotable with me. "Ya, just found out. Today's my 12th birthday, I transformed for the first time." My response seems to interest her. "I'm 12 too. That's kind of cool." No way! My first friend that's the same species as me, and we're the same age. That's cool.
"So why are you dresses in the same exact outfit as my pack?" I couldn't resist it anymore. She actually answers my question. "Well, the truth is, I want to be a part of your pack. But they would never take me in, I'm one of the rivals." Hmm... She does want to be one of us. "Well, I can get you in, but what should we do about the whole you being a Hunter thing?" I ask. She eye light up at the mere fact that she'll be one of us. "I'll tell them I was a lone wolf. They're not common around here, but no one will
question it."