Chapter 17

{Then all of the sudden-} Emma screams. She's on the ground, with one of the Hunters on top of her. The wolf gets up, and runs away with the rest if the pack. No! She can't die! I run over to her, and drop tomy knees. There is a whole in her shirt, and a deep wound where her heart should be. She is scratched and cut everywhere. "Emma! Don't go!" I scream. I'm sobbing now. She can't go! "I'm sorry." she whispers. A single crocidile tear runs down her cheek. She doesn't want to go. I don't want her to go. She can't go!!! "It's not your fault. I'll miss you, Emma!" I sob. she puts her hand on my face. "I'll miss you too. Take care of the pack for me." she whispers. She's fading. It's happening if I want it to or not. I'll miss her. After Mandy died, I needed a best friend. Besides, coming here wasn't easy. My life hasn't exactly been a picnic in the park. I've learned to except it hough. But I might have a harder time excepting Emma being gone. "I will. Just don't go!" I sob. "Goodbye,Casy. You were great. Unite the pack, for me." she whispers. "I will! Goodbye,Emma. You were great too." I'm still sobbing. She takes her hand off my cheek and rests it on her stomach. I grab it and hold her hand for her final few breaths. I put my head on her chest. "I'll miss you Emma!" I sob. She squeezes my hand. Then there's nothing. I scream loud,and then continue to sob. I don't care who sees me. Take me with her if you have to! I don't care anymore! I sit up, and put her hands together on her chest. I get up and walk until I find a hole big enough to fit Emma's body. The hole isn't far from where she lays now. I find leaves and make a sort of rug for her. I walk back to her, and pick her. One hand under her knees, and the other under her back. I struggle with her wieght, she is taller than me. I lay her in her 'grave' ans then cover her with a new layer of leaves. But first I pick some daisies andplace them in her hands. Then I get the rest of the daisies there are and cover her 'grave'. Goodbye, Emma. I'll miss you. The last thing she ever said was for me to unite our pack. Make us all one. For me to make this place peacful again. And since my uncle is dead, I am now the leader of the pack. And I will go to the ends of the Earth to fullfill Emma's wish. I will do whaterver it takes.