Chapter 24

I wake up a few seconds later, I think. The wolf is still there, growling over me. It has me pinned to the ground. I have the worst headache I've ever had in my life. I try to roll over, but I can't move. The wolf strikes at my leg, and I shift my leg just in time. I need to be able to move. I knee the wolf, and it jumps off of me. I get up, and try to run. But it has my shirt. I shake out of its grip, and my shirt rips a bit at the hem.
My shirt. The same one I was wearing when I got here. I guess whenever I shift back into human form I'm wearing the same clothes. My pink sweater and black leggings with my grey converse. But now my clothes look a bit tethered, and my shirt now has a small rip at the bottom.
The wolf attempts to bite my cheek. I roll over just in time for the wolf's snout to hit the ground. "Get off me!" I yell. The wolf is now on top of me. I can't do this, I can't fight this wolf. It is 5 times the size of me. It must be full grown, and boy is it strong. But it's not old, it's fur isn't grey, it's black. Black as night. But I need to get out of this.
I hear Kate's screams. "Casey! Casey!" she sounds frantic. I kick the wolf in the stomach. It rolls over, and I have just enough time to get to my feet. I try to run, but I bites my shoe. I'm now on the ground. I'm not hurt, but I know tomorrow I'll be bruised badly.
The I hear a voice. "Dad! Get off of her!" the voice yells. It's a girl's voice. She comes closer and I can see who it is. Zoe. The wolf stops, gets to his feet, and transforms in about 3 seconds. The man who now stands before me is stall, skinny, but strong. He has hair just as black as his fur. But his eyes. His eyes are so dark it's as if you're looking straight into the night sky. But yet they show just enough emotion to show that he has been hurt. "Zoe, go back. You're. It supposed to be here, go back." he commands her. "But Dad, I know her now. She doesn't deserve to die, she means well!" Zoe pleads. So she's not as bad as I thought.
This whole time I thought she was against me, but I was wrong. She just had bad influences. "Zoe, thank you for saving me, I really owe you." I say, my voice filled with graditude. "Don't thank me, I should be apologizing to you for my Dad's behavior, and mine. We were wrong to treat you that way. Please forgive me." she begs me. At the moment, I just want to be safe. Zoe's friendship sounds safe to me, and she now seems ready to be my friend.
Kate runs up to us. "Casey! Are you okay?", she hugs me " Zoe? What are you doing here? You're the only thing I liked about the Hunters. Was that your Dad on Casey? Oh I'm gonna-" Kate is interrupted by a growl that splines to fierce to be true, as if a knife cut through the Earth.
We turn around just in time to see a wolf so large it makes Zoe's dad look miniscule.