Chapter Nine

We drove for about ten minutes. He asked me how my day was and I told him how I was with Tammy the whole day. I asked him about his day and he told me that he had written a new song today. I asked him what it was about and he told me it was a surprise.

“Enough with the surprises!” I giggled

He smiled still looking at the road “Well someones impatient” he said playfully

Every now and then I saw him look at me and smile. He caught me looking at him a couple times and I blushed.

A couple minutes later he pulled up to a beach. I looked around. I had never been here before. 

He got out of the car and walked around to my side and opened the door for me. 

I got out and it was a little windy. I closed my shrug a little more. Ross was walking next to me. We walked across some grass and came to a little rocky path. I looked at him with a confused look

He smiled at me “Just wait and see. Come on” he said

My hands were swaying back and forth at my sides. I was looking straight ahead when I felt something touch my left hand. I looked down to see Ross grabbing my hands. I looked up at him and he smiled. I gave him a smile to and he intertwined our hands. I started blushing. 

“Is that okay?” Ross asked me

I gave him a little nod and a shy smile

The rock path led us to a little cabana that was being lit up with candles inside. I gasped. It was beautiful. The little cover was wide open revealing a small dining table with two chairs. I looked around and saw a couple people preparing food off to the side. I smiled at them. 

Ross chuckled “What” I asked him

He looked at me with a small smile “Nothing, your just so nice to everyone. I love that about you” He said.

I was blushing like crazy now. 

Ross turned me to face him. We locked eyes. I blushed and looked at the ground. He put his three fingers under my chin and lifted it so I was looking at him again. He smiled at me. I smiled back at him.

“Your dinner is served” One of the waiters said, showing us our table

The waiter pulled out my chair for me “Thank you” I said smiling at him

He gave me a nod.

I scooted my chair in a looked at what was on my plate

 A chicken breast topped with some parmesan. My favorite.

It made me think of my dad. He used to always grill chicken and take the body of the chicken and chase me around with it. It made me sad thinking about the memories we had.

Ross looked at me “Something wrong?” He asked me with worry in my eyes.