Chapter Twenty

I woke up to a loud ringing noise. I automatically shot up. Ross looked at me worried. I held my head that was throbbing with a migraine.

“What the hell is that?” I asked

“Shh, it’s just the phone babe” Ross said. He leaned over and picked up the phone from the receiver.

“Hello?” He said with his groggy voice.

“Really?... How long?... All night?...Well we have food here don’t worry. What about you?... Oh and the couches... Yes don’t worry we wont do anything, we’re going to bed now... Okay love you too see you in the morning”

“Who was that?” I asked resting my head on the arm of the couch

Ross sighed “Well, because of the storm, my family is stuck at the studio for the night so it’s just us. Are you okay?”

I nodded “Yeah I’m fine just a headache. What time is it?” I asked weakly

Ross gave me a slow nod “It’s almost ten. You were out for almost five hours” He said “And no your not okay, I can just tell. Come here” He said

He lifted me bridal style and carried me up the stairs. “I get bad migraines all the time. I know how to deal with this”

He opened the door to his room, and set me down on a king sized bed.There was a nightstand next to the bed with a lamp and pictures from concerts he had preformed with R5. He had a little desk with a light in one corner of the room. Ross walked out of the room for a second. I looked around his room There were guitars on the walls, with posters of different bands. He had a flatscreen in front of his bed with bean bags and a Xbox. There was a bathroom off to the side and a big window in the corner. His walls were light yellow. He had a fan and lights hanging around the side.  

“Alright” Ross said coming back in. He had a baggy t-shirt and some shorts that looked like they were Rydel's. “Here I’ll let you change” Ross said walking in the bathroom.

I sat up with my poor achey head and stripped. I left my sports bra on. I slipped the shirt over my head and shimmied on the shorts. I flipped my head over and put my brown locks into a messy side pony tail. Ross walked in a second later. 

“Okay come here sweetie” Ross said patting a spot on the bed. He pulled the covers back and I got under them. “Close you eyes” He said

I did as I was told and I felt something ice cold on my forehead. My eyes shot open like daggers “Relax babe, it’s just a cold washcloth. It helps I promise” He said smiling

A clap of thunder hit the room and three strikes of lightning followed. 

Ross kissed my cheek, went over to the other side of the bed and crawled under the covers. He was only wearing basketball shorts. I kept putting pressure on my head. It was helping. I took off the washcloth when my head started to feel numb. I put it on the side and rolled over. My face was inches away from Ross’. I could still smell the axe on him. Our legs intertwined, and I smiled.