Chapter Fourteen

We got out of the studio around 6:45. Ross and I were walking in the parking lot. The whole day I had been getting tweets, and messages, and followers. It was fun to read all of the nice ones. I saw a few bad ones here and there but I shrugged them off. Ross told me, that since lots of people knew my last name I had to cover up my Facebook so it wouldn’t get overwhelmed. We got in the car, and started to drive.We were heading back to my house for dinner when I got a notification from Facebook. I opened it to see the photo of me and Bridget from today. Someone had drawn a mustache, beard, unibrow, everything. The caption said “How did Ross Lynch end up with this whore?” I gasped and turned my phone off.

Ross looked at me “What’s wrong?” He asked

“N-nothing” I stuttered.

“Ave, I know somethings wrong. What is it? Just tell me. Please?” He asked

We stopped at a red light. “Fine, just don’t freak out okay?” I said

I pulled out my phone and opened the picture. He took my phone out of my hands. His mouth dropped open. 

“I can’t believe this!” He said

“Babe, please don’t freak out” I said “It’s just one thing. And it will go away” I told him

Ross looked at me “Avery, will you promise me one thing?” 

I nodded “Anything” 

He looked me in the eyes “Promise me, that you won’t leave me. Please promise me that. We can get through the hate. But just please don’t let them chase you away” He said. 

That just broke my heart “Aw, Ross I would never leave you!” I reached over and gave him an awkward type hug. “Ross I can’t. You make me too happy, and I would never let anyone break us apart okay? You have nothing to worry about” I told him

The light turned green and he started driving again. He held out his hand and I took it. He squeezed it like before and I did the same. I smiled. We pulled into my driveway. Ross got out and opened the door for me. I shut the door and leaned my back against it. I ran my fingers through my hair.

“I can’t believe someone would make that type of thing” I said to Ross

He put his hands on my hips and kissed me “Avery, you have nothing to worry about. I am right here and always will be. Okay?” He told me. He was serious and I believed him. I kissed him and gave him a tight hug.

“Let’s go inside” I said.

I walked up to my garage and typed the code into the padlock. I grabbed Ross’ hand and opened the door to the laundry room. I took my shoes off and threw them Ross did the same.

“Mom!” I yelled

“In the kitchen sweetie!” my mother yelled back