Chapter Eighteen

I took a seat on the little stool while swinging the strap attached to the guitar over my body. I adjusted the mic, and looked at the window. The whole Lynch family was watching through the glass. I smiled, and got a little nod and wink from Ross. I thought of a song and it clicked. 

“Just sing anything?” I asked into the mic

“Yep, let’s here it” Riker said

I chuckled and started strumming. Extra Ordinary by Lucy Hale popped in first. I thought it would show the Lynch family who I was.

“I’m imprisoned I’ve been living a lie, another night I’m putting on a disguise. I wanna tear it off and step in the light, don’t you? Don’t you?” I sang

I looked up and saw smiles all around. I saw a red light in the reflection of the glass. It said RECORDING in bright red letters. Well okay. I was being recorded. Cool! I got to the chorus and started to get nervous. There were high notes and I wasn’t warmed up. I strummed the last beat and took a breath and belted. 

“Most people see me as ordinary, but if you look close you’ll find I’m very, interesting. And hard to know. You can never tell where this might go, cause I’m not your average, average person. I don’t know much but I know for certain that I’m just a little bit extra extra, I’m just a little bit extra ordinary” I sang. 

I strummed the last few chords and decided to stop. I heard a click of a switch and a big chorus of claps were heard. I looked up and felt my face heat up. I stood up and put the guitar back on the stand as Ross came through the door. He picked me up and twirled me around. 

“That was amazing!” He exclaimed putting me down

“Really? I’m not even warmed up!” I told him

“Phenomenal!” Mr. Lynch said coming through the door. Riker followed.

“Wasn’t that cool?” Riker asked. I nodded my head “You get a big adrenaline rush while in the booth” 

“Yeah. I hope I didn’t sound to horrible. I got nervous around the chorus with the high notes” I explained

“Hope you didn’t sound horrible?” Mr. Lynch chuckled “Avery that was amazing! I hear tons of singers everyday from working in the studio, and I haven’t heard a voice like yours in a long time” 

I was speechless “That’s so sweet. Thank you” I managed to say. The big goofy smile that was spread across my face told Mr. Lynch I was happy

Ross laughed “Ready to go eat?” 

I nodded and Ross draped his arm around my shoulder. He led me to the buffet table. It had a spread of five different type of subs, tons of chips, mini sodas, and mini muffins! My favorite. I grabbed one pizza sub, ranch doritos, a mini root beer, and a chocolate chip muffin. Ross on the other hand grabbed two of everything. I was still amazed at how he had such amazing abs. I was staring at Ross. His face was perfect. Everything about him was perfect. The way his hair just flopped to the side, his perfect smile. His voice that made me just want to melt.