Chapter 19: What I'm not

(Not everything is as it seems. Keep that in mind while reading this chapter.)

(Possibly a really sad chapter up ahead. Keep that in mind.)

Zack's POV~

I was currently lying down on Brian's chest once again. I've gotten used to giving Brian a chance, and even though I didn't want him to notice, I think he did. He hasn't been keeping both arms around me, just one. He also now let's me go anywhere around the pack house by myself. He probably knows I'm not going to try and escape anymore.

I hate to say it, but I'm starting to get attached to Brian. When I'm not making such a fuss to push him away, he's really not bad as an alpha. Or bad as a person in general for that matter. Call it Stockholm syndrome all you want. Maybe that is what I'm going through. I can't be too sure of anything anymore after discovering the fact werewolves exist.

Brian at the moment was taking a break from the numerous amounts of paperwork he's been doing. All of which seemed to either be peace treaties with packs, trade agreements with packs, and so on. I mean, I'd get tired too if I had to sign multiple documents.

Soon, our rest came to a halt as the pack's guard entered the office. Brian instantly got up and I stayed by his side as he stood up. He obviously wasn't happy that his break was interrupted. Must be tough life for an alpha.

"Sir, we found this thief in our kitchen trying to steal food in a disguise. He's a rogue. No name has been asked yet." Brian nodded and walked over to the rogue werewolf.

"What's your name, huh?" The rogue stayed silent.

"Tell me. What's your name? And maybe I'll spare you and let you wander off into the woods again." The rogue growled before answering.

"My name is Zack. Zack Henderson. Born a lone Wolf and raised a rogue." He said with a bit of malice in his voice.

I noticed his hair covering his eye. Reminds me of myself when I went to school. Come to think of it, about a year has passed when Brian found me. I'm now 18 since I was a senior in Drake Star Highschool.

It seems Brian noticed his hair covering his eye. So he walked over to him and brushed his hair out of his face with his hand. This left me and Brian both astonished as we saw what was behind his hair. A crescent moon around his eye. Just like me and Brian. Brian got shaky.

"N-no. This.. it can't be." Brian sighed. "Take him to a more comfortable dungeon for now. I need some time."

I was about to follow him, but he turned to me. "Z-Zack... stay here.. I'll be back..."

I nodded and sat down at his desk in the now silent filled room. What's going on?

Brian's POV~

I ran out of the office and ran to the garden where the moon goddess shrine was. I desperately prayed to the moon goddess with a deep weight in my chest.

"Moon goddess, please hear my voice and answer my question! You helped me once, please help me again! I found a wolf rogue that shares the same birthmark that my mate Zack has! His name is also Zack! Tell me, what's going on?!"

My prayer was answered as she appeared. She looked down at me with a look of sadness almost. "Brian, alpha of the Northern Lights Pack. There's a simple answer to what is going on, but it seems a simple answer could only be told by someone who knows the answer to it."

I nod my head. My chest hurts so bad. And so does the back of my throat.

"Brian... The human that saved you from that hunter that day.... is not your mate. You used a werewolf's wish to be saved. I granted that wish. I didn't grant the wish that you'd find your mate that day. It was a coincidence that made you think you had found your mate. The human that saved you could have been anyone. It wasn't me who chose who it was that would save. It was me who caused the scenario with a non-specific human. That human you've been keeping isn't your mate."