Chapter 15: No Escape~

Hey guys! I'm so sorry I haven't updated in two months. I've been working on one of my other stories. Anyway, enough of the talk and let's get onto the story.
—————————————————————————

Brian's POV~

It was early in the morning and I was heading back to our room to give my little pup his breakfast. I also brought more medicine and bandages for his wound so that it heals a bit faster. I smile knowing that my mate is safe, but I frown at the fact that I was too late to protect him from a rogue. It makes my ears lower, feeling guilty, but he was the one who ran away. I told him escape is useless, and he's still persistent.

I enter our room and see he was awake, but just lying down. I smile and set his food down on the table and lie down next to him. It was then I noticed he was crying. I try to reach out and pull him close, but he backed away from me.

"Please, just leave me alone." He said through sobs. I hug him close and said "I can't and you know that. I need you to stay close to me so I can protect you and show you my love for you."

He once again tries to pull away, but I wouldn't let him. "Protect me Huh?! Like you did with that werewolf?!" My ears lower in guilt. It pains me knowing I wasn't there in time to protect him. "It's all your fault! If you hadn't kidnapped me, I wouldn't have to be like this! I wouldn't be this damn half fox, I wouldn't have gotten sick, and I wouldn't have gotten hurt by a damn wolf that was exiled from your pack!"

I couldn't take what he said anymore. It hurt too much to hear. To avoid him from continuing his rant, I grabbed the back of his head and shoved his face into my chest. I can feel him struggling for air, but I can't let him have it. Not yet. If I do, he'll continue his rant. And I feel guilty enough as is. After about 5 minutes of calming myself down, I finally released the grip, letting him take the necessary oxygen he needed. I think he understood the point and didn't say anything else.

I reached over and grabbed his food off the table. Surprisingly, it was still warm. I sat him on my lap and started to feed him. He has the weapon protection effect that werewolves have now, but I still didn't want him to get hurt like the time he tried to end it all. I can't bare the thought of seeing him injured. At least not heavily injured.

Soon, we were both done with our breakfast and I carried him to my office, where Travis and Eric was. I sit down at my desk and held onto Zack tightly. I lifted up his shirt and replaced the medicine and bandages.

This cycle continued for 2 weeks, and finally, Zack's wounds were healed. I was happy to know he was finally healed. I can finally cuddle him without hurting him. I think Zack noticed the look in my eyes when I thought about it and ran off. I chuckle and knew that it was time for a game of cat and mouse. Or in this case, wolf and fox.

Zack's POV~

I knew that look in his eyes! He was going to hold me close and make sure I never leave his side! I knew I had to either hide or just run somewhere that is not here. I decided to go to option B. I ran outside, and I heard from Brian that the rogue's don't usually come out until it's  dark. Since it was still early, I should be fine. At least I hope.

I can hear the sound of his footsteps. I hide behind a tree to get a little peek and see him looking around. "Come on out, pup~ Let's head back home and cuddle~" I stayed quiet and looked away. I look back, but he wasn't there. I got a little scared, and even more scared when I felt arms wrap around my waist. "I found you~"

I was lifted into his arms and I struggled against him. He just held me closer and nuzzled me. "Mmm~ So cute!" I struggled more and more, but he refused to let me go. He started to head back to the pack house, making me struggle and eventually get out of his grasp.

He started to chase me down as I just continued to run. I eventually climbed a tree and hoped he didn't see me. But luck wasn't on my side as he grabbed me and jumped off the tree. I struggled more and more, but he showed that he wasn't letting me go this time.

After getting caught again, I was taken back to the house. I kept struggling, but Brian stared down at me with love, no intentions of letting me go as I keep on squirming against his grasp. When we made it to the pack house, I try to run out again, only to be picked up by Travis and given back to Mr. Alpha. He takes me into my number one fear. The cage.

He gets in himself and crawls toward me with love in his eyes. "You can't escape me now~" I look back to see Travis putting not one, but 7 locks on the cage door. I try to get past Brian, but he catches me and nuzzles me close, making sure I don't leave him. "My Zack, all mine~ No one else~ You're never leaving my side ever again!"

I struggled against him, but it was no use as he held me tighter, showing he had no plans on letting go. I pulled myself to the locks, hoping they'd be combination locks, but then I see Travis twirling the keys on his finger as he hugs  Eric close to him.

I pull and push against the cage door. I get dragged back to Brian's chest as he rests my head against it. I push against him, but he wasn't having it. "Shhhh~ Just relax, pup." I didn't want to, but I can't exactly escape.

Brian pet my head and it made me a bit sleepy. Brian smiles and looks over at Travis. "Travis, you don't mind getting a blanket and a few pillows, do you?" Travis shakes his head and grabs some pillow and a couple of blankets. Brian grabs them and lies down. He uses a pillow for himself and lies down on it.

I was a little curious, so I asked him. "May I have a pillow too?" He shakes his head with a smile. "My chest is your pillow." I just nod. I drifted off to sleep after a little while.

I awoke in the middle of the night to the sound of locks. I look and see Eric unlocking the door. "I'll get you out, but we can only go to your room. It seems they lock the doors and windows at night." I nod my head, not knowing that. After Eric gets the last lock, he gets picked up by Travis.

Eric struggles against him while he nuzzles him. I took my chance to walk out, but Travis carries Eric into the cage with us. I go to get out, but Brian grabbed me. "I don't think so~" He pulls me back and hugs me close.

"Travis, you know what to do." Travis smiles and puts the locks back on. I sigh, but then gasp as Travis throws the key across the room. Me and Eric both struggle, but it was no use as we both gave up for now and accepted their affection. For now.