Chapter 13: Gamma

Before you even ask, I changed the way Brian looks. This is his Gamma, Travis. Go to chapter 1 to see the new look.

Zack's POV~

It was finally time that we went home. Denovan decided to come with us with Luca. He put his Beta in charge and decided to come with us so he can find out who hurt Luca. He's apparently tried asking Luca, but Luca would shudder and start crying into his chest every time he asked. Luca must have had it really bad if he cries even thinking about it.

We were packing a few things in the car, and Denovan was trying to calm down Luca again. He's probably learned by now to stop asking Luca. It's obviously a sensitive subject. Brian came up from behind me and lifted me off the ground, hugging me to his chest. I just sighed and stared at Luca. "You haven't even given him a chance, have you?" I already made my decision to. But, what do I do? Just do nothing and hope that everything turns out alright? I honestly don't know what to do. The only thought I've had in my head ever since the kidnapping was to escape. Now that I am giving him a chance, I'm lost.

Brian saw the confused look on my face. To get my attention, he licked my cheek and nuzzled into it. I struggle in his grip, but only so he'd put me down. He sighed and tightly squeezed me. "I love you, my little fox." After saying that, he puts me back down. I look at him with a slight glare and say "Don't call me your little fox! It's not happening!" Okay, so I lied a bit. I am giving him a chance, but I don't want him to realize it. So I'm going to act the same. I just won't try to escape anymore. All my attempts have ended the same anyway. He stares down at me. He smiles and pats my head. "Too bad. You're my little fox. And your favorite wolf is going to take good care of you." I just sigh and say "In your dreams."

Luca has finally calmed down. Denovan now knew not to ask anymore, and found that it was going to be hard. If Luca didn't have the strength to say who hurt him, then that means that Denovan would have to find them. Which will be very difficult, considering we don't even know where Luca came from. Denovan seemed willing to find out who hurt him though. Brian soon whispered to me something. "When a werewolf's mate is found injured, the werewolf vows to get revenge on whoever hurt them. It can get really intense. A werewolf doesn't stop their hunt until they find the one who hurt their mate." I nod. He smiles at me. "Trust me, if I found you badly injured, I'd find the one who did it and kill them." I nod my head.

After a bit, we were finally in the car heading back to the Northern Lights pack house.

Denovan's POV~

I was holding Luca in my lap as we ride our way home. He was staring at the window for awhile. We soon got to a town, not far from the pack house. I asked drive slowly, in case this is the place where Luca's attackers are. Luca continues to stare at the houses. We were passing a wooden house, a little plain, and a little messy outside. There were a bunch of car parts and old toys left outside to rot. Luca looked away from that house and hid his face in my chest. That must be where his attackers are, but now is not the time for that. As much as I want to claw out the eyes of the ones who hurt my mate, it's not a good time to do so now. So we continue to head towards Brian's pack house. About another hour and half left to go.

Brian's POV~

I was holding Zack close to me. He was resting against my chest. He probably tired himself out with the escape attempts he made over at the Blood Moon pack. I smiled. He was being peaceful. I wish this moment could last forever. My cute mate, lying his head on my chest willingly. It's so cute. I started to pet his head, which made him sleepy. He soon fell asleep, nuzzling into my chest a bit. I smiled and fell asleep with him.

Le timeskip~

We finally arrived and entered the house. Blake and his mate welcomed us back. As I held Zack, I brought Denovan and Luca to a guest room that they can use for awhile. They both entered the room and quickly settled in. Soon, I heard a loud and familiar howl. I take Zack with me to the front of the pack house. I look out and smile widely.

Zack was by my side as he saw a group of wolves coming toward us. He looks at me a little scared and asks "Is this a territorial war?" I look down at him and smile. I pick him up and nuzzle into him. "No, that over there is my gamma coming back. He hasn't been around for awhile due to some training he put himself and a few willing omega's to. Looks like he trained them well.

My gamma approached me. We both hug each other real tight. "It's been so long Brian!" I smile and nuzzle into him as he does the same. "It really has!" Zack just looks at us weirdly. I smile and answer what I believe is what's on his mind. "Yeah, even wolves that aren't mates do stuff like that. It's a form of getting to know each other." He just nods and continues to give us a weird look.

I lift Zack into my arms and carry him like a rag doll. "Travis, this is my mate! His name is Zack." Travis looks down at him and smiles. "Zack, this is my gamma, Travis." Zack nods and looks at Travis. I set him down and we all go inside. I sit down on a recliner in the large living room. I hold Zack against me and talk to Travis to catch up on some things that have happened and whatnot.

Zack's POV~

This gamma guy or whatever. He looks kind of scary, but at the same time, really nice. I didn't really care about his training stories, so I tried to get up. However, Mr. Alpha doesn't want me leaving his side. He continues to hold me tightly. Soon, I hear Brian start talking about me. He explained to Travis how I saved him from a Werewolf Hunter. Travis looks at me. "You're pretty tough if you got a werewolf hunter to stop trying to kill a werewolf." I just nod my head, not sure what to say.

Travis smiles widely and says "I found my mate too! He's so cute and I love having him close to me. He still struggles because we found him on the way back here, but I can wait for him." Brian smiles and says "Bring him in! I want to see him!" Travis smiles and leaves. He comes back with a very familiar human. Me and the human look each other in the eyes. Tears start to well up in my eyes as well as his. "Eric?"