Chapter 18: A Long Trip

(Decided to do another chapter based around Travis and Eric.)

Eric's POV~

I was currently in Travis' arms as we walked through the forest. Travis had a few omega guards watching us in case of a rogue attack or if I tried to escape. Which is also part of the reason I'm being carried like a rag doll. As soon as those mansion doors opened, my mind instantly thought of it as a gateway to opportunity. But that didn't last long as Travis quickly caught me and started to carry me.

I sighed as he held onto me, making him smile and lightly rub his face against mine. I pushed his face away from mine using my hand, but he forced my hand down and continued to nuzzle his face against mine. After a few minutes of this, I was getting curious as to where we were going.

"Is this going to be another long ass hunting trip? As far as I know, Brian said your last hunting trip lasted months." Travis chuckles at my question. He pushed my head against his chest and started to stroke my head. "We're going to be looking at something."

I was going to ask what it was, but he shoved my face into his chest. "You'll see. Just wait." I pushed myself away from him to get my face out of his fur. We continued to walk and it seemed like it'd be forever until we got there.

I'm not sure why we have to walk there. If this place is so far, why don't we use a car or something? I just shrugged it off and just stayed still. Struggling isn't going to do me any good right now. Travis is strong, and I'd get caught immediately by the guards. Travis knew this and didn't loosen his grasp for even a second as we continued.

After a little while of walking, we stopped for a moment and sat down on the ground. I noticed the guards set up what appeared to be foldable table with two foldable chairs. Travis carried me and sat me down on one of the chairs and he sat on the other. I was going to walk away, but then felt one of the guards put a chain on my ankle. I looked where the chain ended, only to find a cannon ball. It was literally one of those things to keep prisoners from going anywhere. I sighed at this and sat down as Travis began to chuckle at me.

"Where the hell do you even get these things?" I asked him, both curiously and annoyed. He just chuckles at this. "I buy them. All to make sure you don't escape, and to make sure I get my cuddle time when I want it." I just nod, ignoring everything he said after he bought them.

The table had a few things on it to eat. Of course it's not like a full course meal or anything. I mean, we're literally on a long trail in the middle of the woods. This isn't some cartoon. It was really simple things. Bread, sandwich meat, condiments, and three bags of chips to choose for our liking.

I went to grab the stuff I liked and made a sandwich to my liking. I also grabbed the barbecue chips and put it on a paper plate I was using to hold my sandwich. Travis did the same, only he started to eat the regular wavy potato chips.

"So, can you at least tell me why we're going there? Wherever it is we're going?" Travis chuckled and finished chewing before answering. "I told you, you'll find out when we're there." I just nod my head. I'm going to just give up asking. He's not going to tell me until we're there, and he made that pretty clear.

I looked across to see the guards each with each other. Laughing and smiling happily. Travis noticed my gaze and smiled. "I'll tell you one thing. The main reason we're going there is for those two." I tilted my head confused. Travis noticed my confusion and smiled to explain. "Those two guards are mates. They've been together for years now. They've had their full moon ceremony last year. And now they're ready for their next chapter in their love life." I tilted my head and asked what that was. Travis chuckled and pet my head. "You'll see."

I really hate how he's not telling me. I really want to know where we're going. After we finished eating and stuff, we packed up everything, and Travis finally took off the cannon ball and chain. We got up and continued our journey, which was really boring. I think Travis noticed my boredom and started to play some music on his phone, but it was very quiet music. I think this was a way to make we're not attacked by rogues. I noticed by looking down that the trail wasn't all that there. Like, you can see a trail by a tree line, but the ground doesn't look to be run down or anything. It's as if it's never been used.

I'm curious to know why they need a hidden trail. Wherever we're going must be important. I yawned a bit as we were walking, I guess lunch is taking into effect. Travis chuckles and holds my head against his chest. "Go to sleep if you'd like. It's still a ways away." I just nod my head and place it on his chest, which soon changed when he picked my up bridal style instead of like a rag doll. This was actually more comfortable, so I rested my head against his arm and fell asleep.

Timeskip~

I was awakened by the movement of being put down on the ground. I looked up at Travis who was smiling down at me. "We're here, Eric." I tilted my head confused and looked over. It was a small village. The two guards went in without us, Travis grabbed my hand and dragged me to follow. We then found a place that looked nice. I look over at the sign and read it.

"Werewolves' Foster Care." I look up at Travis who smiled down at me. "You see, Eric, two mates that are both male obviously can't have a child. So they have to adopt one, and this is where they get it." I look and see the two guards looking around at children as they all gathered around them, hoping to find a new home.

"Why are there so many here? Where are their actual parents?" Travis' ears lowered a bit, hinting at signs of sadness. "Rogues. Rogue werewolves are negligent to their pups. They just think they slow them down, so they end up abandoning them. Other times, werewolf parents are ambushed by rogues. And... well the children are the only survivors. Most rogues refuse to kill children, so they leave them alone. But then those pups are homeless. Luckily, we find them before they can get harmed. And they come here, or rather to the closest area like this."

Hearing this brings tears to my eyes as I watch all the children who gather around them, hoping for a new home. I began to cry more as the guards go around and look at all of them. Why? Why can't they all have parents? Why can't someone take them in?

Travis hugs me close, and I can't help but hug him in return. I can't stop these tears. I feel so sorry for all those children. I want them to have homes. I want them to have a parent to go to when they're in need.

Travis rubs my back and I can feel the tears coming from him too. He must also be sad about this. I got myself together and saw the guards approach a kid who's hiding behind a tree. They both look at each other and look at the kid. He looks to be about 7 or something.

(Note: All these kids are in their Beastman form.)

The one guard, who I think is the dominant one puts out his hand to the kid. He gives them a bright smile and talks in a calming voice. "Wanna go home with us?" The kids tears up at the offer and hugs him instead of taking his hand. The other one gets in on the hug as they all release tears from their eyes.

I look at the other children sadly. They all look so disappointing for not being picked. This makes my heart sting.

Travis hugs me from behind and holds me on his lap as he sat down on a bench. "I'm not going to pressure you, Eric. And I truly want you to love me. I know my methods of keeping you close to me are a little much, and I know how much you want to go back home. I'm sorry, but I don't want to lose you. I hope you understand that." I nod my head slowly.

"Eric, I love you. And I know you can't say that to me yet, but I'll be waiting. Please, just give me a chance." I look at him nervously. I don't know what to think or say. After a bit, I got off his lap.

"I'll think about it." Travis doesn't say much and we continue to walk home, with the guards and their new child. I hope their next chapter is a happy one.