Sick on a date || Helena Bonham Carter

Your POV

I met Helena around a week ago at a friend's party. We hit it off pretty quickly, we shared the same interest, movies, foods, just anything.

We met up a few times this week, and it's going pretty well. In our last meeting, I asked her if she wanted to go on a first date and she agreed. It made me feel so happy that I couldn't describe such things with words.

Today was supposed to be the day of our date. But of course- Something has to go wrong.

I got a bad cold this morning and it's not calming down even in the slightest.

I wanted to cancel our date due to my sickness but I was too scared to say so. Some part of me is too excited about the date, some of them were scared to disappoint her, and some of them wanted to cancel so I won't get her sick.

I set aside my sickness and started getting ready. I was dizzy the whole time, sometimes I have to hold onto the counter so I won't slip off.

I took a deep breath before finally heading out to my car. I started the engines and started to drive over to her house.

Well, the date plan was located in her house. Just a normal romantic dinner. We didn't want to attract the attention of the paparazzi. So we decided to keep it low-key, just a regular movie night in her house along with dinner.

When I arrived in her driveway, I saw her head peaking on the window. The visible smile was very noticeable from miles away.

I got out of my car, walking towards the main front door. Before I could knock, the door swung open. Revealing the brown-curly-haired woman.

She pulled me in for a hug, as she lead me inside her home. Her kids were not home at the moment, currently at her Mother's for the weekend.

So it was just us for the next 2 days.

"How was the ride here?" She asked as we walked through her voyer.

"Pretty good, I was kinda expecting to get lost." I joked.

She laughed it off, and we made it to the dining table. It was already set with a beautiful red rose, along with wine glasses, followed by a full meal. Just- romantic.

It was so thoughtful of her to put so much effort into a first date. "Do you want to remove your jacket?" She gestured to my thick fur jacket.

Her voice was filled with worry. "I'm fine," I reassured her.

She studied my face for any sign of discomfort, and couldn't find any. She slowly nodded then guided me to the table.

"This is beautiful, Helena."

She smiled, "I try.."

After we were both settled, I noticed some of my, or should I say our favorite meals. We ate pretty fast honestly, we talked about many things. Although I did notice Helena stealing a few glances at my face.

"Are you sure you still want to use the jacket? you're sweating." She asked again more worried than before.

I'm sweating? I grab a tissue nearby and dab them on my forehead. She was right, I was sweating profusely. Crap-

"Oh it's nothing.. maybe I'm just nervous," I said sheepishly.

She furrowed her eyebrows at me, not quite believing my words. I shrugged my shoulders and continued the meal.

After we both finished with the meal and finished cleaning the table. I walked over to the couch. I noticed my body swaying from left to right, slowly losing my balance same with my vision as well. 

Helena's POV

I finally came back from the kitchen and saw y/n standing there. "Y/n? Are you okay?"

I rushed over, and just about a few feet away her body collapse. I was quick enough to catch her before her head hit the ground. She had passed out.

Just then I noticed how her body temperature was hot. She was sweating, a lot

I was quite worried for her, but I held her in my arms bridal style to my bedroom without another thought. Good thing, my bedroom is also located on the same floor.

I lay her body on the bed, and I helped her out of her jacket. 

She was already wearing a long-sleeved shirt underneath but she didn't feel warm. That's when I noticed she had a cold. A very bad one.

I wondered why she didn't tell me about this from the start. I tucked her in the covers, as I left to go grab some medicine that she could drink when she woke up.

After about 2 hours, I heard a loud groan coming from the woman. I quickly got up from the seat and placed the book I was reading down on the table nearby.

I rushed to her side and placed my hand on her forehead. 

"W-what happened?" She asked.

"You passed out. Why didn't you tell me you had a cold? We could've canceled it y'know.." I rambled.

She stayed quiet. "I know.. but I don't want to disappoint you," She murmured as her eyes were filled with tears, "I'm sorry for ruining our date."

My face softened as I heard those words come out of her mouth. "Please don't apologize, It's not your fault. If this happens again in the near future, tell me and we can postpone the date. You don't need to force yourself like this."

She nodded and the tears are starting to spill out of her beautiful y/e/c eyes. I placed a hand on her forearm and started rubbing it up and down.

I passed the medicines over to her, along with a glass of water.

"Why don't you rest hmm?" I said, placing down the glass of water back on the nightstand.

"I'm not tired.. can we still watch the movie?" She pleaded.

"But you're sick. Are you sure?"

She nodded as fast as she could. She was about to get up when I told her to stay here.

I picked up my laptop, along with a bed table. I set those up in front of her.

After that, I scooch myself beside her and started her movie.

She was cuddled up to my chest throughout the whole movie. Around the middle of it, I placed my hand back into her forehead to check her temperature. It was a lot better than before.

The 2-hour movie ended fairly quickly. I look over at the clock, and it has just struck 11 P.M. Y/n also noticed that it was late.

"I should head home," She said as she tried to get up from the bed.

"Do you think I'll let you leave at this hour, and sick? Of course not. You're staying with me for the night," I slightly scolded.

I took some extra pajama set and passed it over to her. I left the room for a little so she could change.

After around 15 minutes, I knocked back on the door. "Are you done?"

"Mhmm!" She hummed.

I opened the door, revealing the woman sitting on the end of the bed looking at me with a big smile.

I turned off the lights, walking towards her. 

After both of us is comfortable, I turned towards her. "Goodnight, y/n."

"Goodnight, Hellie." She replied.

It was quiet for a moment before she spoke up again, "Thank you for today."

"Anytime darling."

word counts: 1226