Without You || Helena Bonham Carter

Your POV

Me being 28, being a single mother of a 6-year-old child. I had been living on my own for almost a decade now. After they found out I was pregnant with Thea, my parents kicked me out and forced me to live on my own. For the father of the child, He left as soon as he heard the news as well. He didn't want to take responsibility either.

I suffered a lot through the years to get myself to where I am now. I'm glad I could live on my own, take my own responsibilities and all. But it can get tough sometimes when you're just a single mother.

I don't have many friends either. The only person who stood by me was my closest, Tina. She was always there for me emotionally, physically. I have been friends with her for almost 11 years now.

A few months ago, I was at a party with her and found somebody standing on the corner.

Flashback

"I think that person is checking you out," Tina whispered in my ears.

I look to where she was looking, and there stood a curly-brown-haired woman. Her sense of style was definitely one of a kind. She stood up from the crowds, even if she's not standing right in the middle of it.

Tina was aware of my sexuality, a bisexual woman. She accepted and supported me either way.

"Go make your move," She encouraged me.

And me of course, as someone who hadn't talked to anyone in years, was backing out. "I don't need another trouble in my life, Tina."

"She's not trouble, I can sense it from miles away."

"No Tina- you can't make me go there and say Hi."

She pinched my hand in annoyance, "Y/n, You're so annoying- you got a prey right in front of your eyes but yet you're like 'I'm not hungry' when you haven't eaten for days. That's exactly what you are right now."

I sent a glare right at her but instead, she just shrugged her shoulders. "I know I'm right."

After fighting myself back and forth, I finally decided to suck it up and be brave for once. I have gone through so much in my life and I'm still scared of approaching another human being.

I made my way to her, and she was actually really friendly.

"I was wondering when were you gonna approach me," She joked.

I laughed it off, but inside I was embarrassed to be exposed by her. "I'm y/n. Y/n Y/l/n."

I reached my hand out, and she shook it. "Helena, Helena Bonham Carter."

"As in the actress that has been all over the news?"

Yes, I was completely aware of who she was, I just didn't care. Or more like, I didn't even know how she looked like. I saw her on the news last night, so I couldn't be so clueless about it.

She smiled sadly. "You know who I am?" She questioned, quite surprised I may add.

"Well, I saw you on the news last night, so I wouldn't be so clueless about it."

She hummed and nodded her head. "What are you doing here?"

"Well, my friend forced me to have fun after almost a whole year not going anywhere."

"Oh? How so? Work?" She continued.

"That, and busy taking care of my kiddo."

"Sister?"

"Oh no no, my child, Thea. I'm a mother."

She seemed to be surprised, but not judgmental. "You look young."