Our Misery I || Bellatrix Lestrange

Your POV

The cool breeze touched my skin, and the stars shone brightly tonight. But for some reason, I was unable to grasp its beauty.

This was my 7th year, I can't wait to get away from here. It has been a few hours and yet tears were still spilling out of my eyes. Bellatrix have broken our promise.

I've known Bellatrix since I first arrived. Sure, we had a bumpy start, but I've developed an unusual feeling towards her over the previous three years. We weren't friends, I wouldn't call it that. I'd like to prefer calling us rivals. We both wanted to achieve the same life objectives, which included being the toughest and most feared witch in the wizarding world.

We were both extremely competitive, and we tried to outperform each other in every lesson. Every now and then, we would put our abilities to the test together, or go out at midnight to perform our killing curses in the forbidden forest. Even when I don't understand a spell, she would occasionally explain to me, all the little tips and tricks to the spell. She was sweet to me, but her love language was rough.

-Flashback-

"Come here!" Bellatrix called.

I look over, and before I could react, she pulled my hand with her. Tripping on some rocks along the way, but It was worth it to say the least.

The stunning night sky was in full view. We don't get clear sky very frequently; in fact, it's usually cloudy.

The stars were huge and dazzling. I had the impression that I could just touch it.

I hear Bellatrix huffed a big breath. "Doesn't it feel nice?"

I could see her eyes glowing through the night, even though it was dark. She had her focus on me, our little eye contact filled my stomach with butterflies. "Very."

My shoulder was almost grazing hers as she brought my hand closer to her.

"Look at that," She pointed at the stars.

"What? Look for what?"

"Bellatrix."

"What do you mean?"

"I learned about this from a constellation book a few years back."

She took my hand, which was still intertwined with hers, and directed it towards a dazzling blue star in the night sky.

"It was given the name Orion, or Bellatrix. The star has its meaning too. 'Female-warrior'," She was grinning and I could even hear her slight chuckle.

"It matches you," I said with a smile.

"You think so?"

"I very much think so."

Her hand never left mine, and it felt right to have it wrapped around mine. Finding a match for a puzzle is a comparable sensation. It was one of those nights where I want nothing to end. I wish I could freeze time and cherish this moment forever.

I started giggling. "What are laughing about, hm?" She teased.

"I think it's a sign."

"What sign?"

"You don't need a male to protect you. You're a female warrior anyway!"

She laughed along with me. "That's why I never intended to join the death eaters. I want to be self-sufficient. Maybe with a certain someone holding my hand all the way. "

"We should make a promise," I said as I turned my body towards her.

I let go of her hand, showing my pinkie to her. "Okay, repeat after me."