Flawlessly flawed || Marla Singer

Your POV

I've been living with Marla for about six months. She was never the person that could leave me alone. She has to be in the same room with me even while I'm making breakfast in the morning. Sometimes she just prefers to sit on the counter and hum to a tune that sprang into her crazy head.

Not that I mind of course, she was adorably sweet at times but could turn into a complete flirt the next minute.

I have set certain terms and conditions with her, one of which is that she is not allowed to touch me when I am cooking. I don't mind if her body simply skimmed mine, but if she did it on purpose, it wouldn't end nicely.

Living with her has been one of the greatest gift I've ever gotten myself into. There's nights where she would sat with me by the living room, drinking our nights away. Mornings where I found her naked in my bed while I slept on the ground.

Sure, we weren't living in opulence; it was just simply the two of us in her apartment. But for some what reason, it felt complete in a way.

"I'm huunggryyy!" Marla whined.

"Chill Marlie, I just started cooking."

She was never the patient kind; if she has a shortcut, she would rather have that instead. Usually we ate instant cup noodles in the morning, but it has been almost a week since we've been doing that so we have to actually eat a proper breakfast today.

It is currently 10 A.M.

We didn't have anything planned for the weekend, so we're not in any hurry.

Her foot was dangling on the counter, hitting the cabinet underneath her. The loud thud every time it hit the counter annoys me just like every morning.

I cook for both of us every morning, and I tried to let Marla cook once. We almost burn the whole apartment down.

Currently, I'm chopping carrots and parsley. I mean, making a nice warm soup today seems more like it. The settling cold weather was just like usual.

I noticed how the thudding noises stopped. I turned around not seeing Marla anywhere.

"Marlie!" She hated that nickname, but hey, she still responds to it. "Where are youuu?"

Nothing was heard. I walked ever so slowly to the bedroom. No noises was made which is sort of weird to me, she could never be this quiet. I still have the knife, cautiously holding it tight in my hand.

"Marla, I swear if this is a sort of prank you're pulling, I'm gonna murder you with my own hands."

Nothing.

I peered into the room, but there was no one there. I'm very sure she didn't leave the apartment, because the door was squeaky, so if by chance she left, I could've heard it.

I turned around to continue cooking but I saw someone flashed in my eye sight with a slight chuckle.

Marla's POV

She was looking for me, how cute. I was standing behind the door but she didn't seem to notice me, she just walked pass me.

I tippy-toed to where she was standing, smiling giddily behind her. I accidentally left out a little chuckle, pretty sure I scared her because in a swift motion I was pinned to the wall beside me with a kitchen knife on my neck.

My eyes widen with both arched eyebrows.

Y/n eyes are like knifes alone, so sharp and stern. Even hot might I add.

"I love you." I bluntly said. I knew it in that moment that this was the person I want to spend the rest of my life with. It seems so easy but so hard at the same time, seeing her standing before me makes me feel so sure about my odd feelings.