Serendipity II || Helena Bonham Carter

(Second part of the last chapter)

Your POV

7 months later, here I am going from tables to tables serving meals to people. Today is a Saturday night, around an hour before closing. Meaning the busiest hour of the day.

I had ended things with Cedric a while back, and it didn't end up pretty I must say. I earned a few addition of bruises but It's nothing I can't handle. It hurts when I first ended it, but now I'll say it's the best decision I have ever made.

I haven't seen that pretty human being since that night on the rooftop. Some nights I just wish I would've asked her number, some nights I feel grateful about it.

I had just gone to clean a table, and once I went to the back, I was pulled by my manager.

"Hey y/n, table 15 had asked for you to serve their meal," He whispered in my ears.

"O-oh okay-"

He shoved a tray of two drinks consisting of a glass of iced sweet tea and a cup of hot tea. He pointed towards the table, I took a deep breath and started to walk over to the table.

Their face was covered with the menu they were holding. I didn't think much of it. "Here's your meal, enjoy."

The lady hummed, and as I was about to leave, she grabbed me by the wrist catching me off-guard. I was a little startled by the gesture, but then I recognized those beautiful chocolate brown eyes. The eyes I could recognize anywhere by miles away.

"Hey you," She taunted.

I tried replying but my jaw was locked in place like I was lost for words.

"Cat got your tongue?" She teased.

I laughed it off, "Hey, It's been a while."

"It has. I didn't expect to see you working here," She said.

I fixed my body so it's facing towards her, "How so?"

"You didn't seem to be the type for it," She tutted.

I faked a dramatic gasp causing her to giggle. "It's a compliment!"

I rolled my eyes playfully, "Well, it was nice seeing you but I gotta go serve other people."

I definitely wanted to talk to her more but tonight the restaurant was extra busy. I couldn't just stay here and chit-chat with her unless I'd want to lose my job.

She still has a strong grip on my wrist so it's not like I can go anywhere. "Stay with me for a little while will ya? I got you your favorite drink, Ice sweet tea? remember?"

I was quiet as I recalled the conversation we had that night about tea.

Flashbacks

"I enjoy various types of drinks," She said.

"Huh.. and that is?"

"Depending on my mood, sometimes Iced coffee, tea, diet coke. Sometimes I even drank them all on one occasion," She exclaimed.

I raised my eyebrows in surprise, "Oh really? That's interesting."

"What's your favorite drink?" She questioned.

I stopped and think about what to answer exactly. "Maybee.. Iced sweet tea? I don't know honestly."

"Just that?" She said slightly scoffing, "that's boring."

I gasped. "Excuse you- I enjoy my comfort zones."

Through the dimly lights I could see she was definitely rolling her eyes at me. "You need to step out of it and try something new for once. Maybe you'd find something you like."

"I highly doubt that."

"You should try other flavors of tea, there are many good ones!" She exclaimed.

"Uhuh sure," I said knowing well enough she won't back down her words.

"Y'know I have some sort of ritual making tea," She said.

"What?" I giggled.

"It's true. I take the bag and put it in the hot water, ('wOOtAh' I'M SORRY I HAD TO!) and I dunk it about 7 times," She said, giving a sort of cackle in the end.

I couldn't believe this woman.

END OF FLASHBACKS

I giggled and frowned a little. "I appreciate it but I really can't."

"Please, stay here. I got it handled," She said.

She stood up and walked towards my manager. I glance back into the table, focusing myself on the drinks.

I was nervous for some reason, Unconsciously I started picking on my fingers. Soon enough, Helena joined me back on the table.

"See I told you," She said in a pretty proud tone.

"What did you do?" I glance back at my manager, and he just winked at me before walking through the doors.

"Oh, nothing it doesn't matter. You got the day free," She said.

I was shocked, "What do you mean?"

"Meaning you could stay and talk with me," She replied.

"Helena- I needed the extra money for-"

She cut me off, "Oh you're still getting paid."

I just stare at her in pure confusion. "Don't look at me like that, I didn't even get a thank you?"

I rolled my eyes yet again, "Fine, thanks."

She looked proud for a moment before starting to talk to me again. For some odd reason, I feel like she just made up all the 7 months we didn't talk to each other.

Before long, I noticed everyone leaving. I excused myself to the back to go get my stuff before going home.

As I went back out, she was waiting for me by the door. "Let me walk you home."

"Oh no, it's alright Helena-"

"I insist."

I nodded and finally went on our way.

It was quiet, none of us really tried talking either.

"Can I tell you something?" She questioned.

"Sure, anything."

"You couldn't leave my mind since that night on the rooftop," She giggled sort of embarrassed to say the least.

My heart flutter hearing those words come out of her mouth. "I thought I was alone on that," I joked.

We laughed heartily, "I regretted not getting your number," I admitted.

"Well then give me your phone," She said.

I grabbed onto my pockets, then handed her my phone. She typed down some numbers, "There, now you can call me anytime," She said.

Good thing it was dark outside, It would've been really visible to notice my red face.

I was about to start walking again but then I realized I already arrived at my apartment.

"Oops- I'm already here."

Great I embarrassed myself again.

She smiled and gestured me inside. "Call me sometimes," She shouted as I was about to go up the elevator.

I gave her a thumbs-up, stepping into the elevator waiting for the door to close. All that while I kept an eye contact with her as the elevator door closes.

~~~

A/N HERE!

I almost had a heart attack, I thought I accidentally deleted everything by accident and I was literally writing the author's note. I saved it- thank goodness. But here's the second part of the last chapter. I hope you enjoyed this!