Our Dispute I || Eudoria Holmes

Your POV

For the last three years, Eudoria and I have been dating. We share similar interests, including some like gardening.

I have gotten a new friend. Just around the neighborhood, Alice. She was a sweet lady and was always sweet and nice towards me and Eudoria, especially Enola. She's new here, so it was my pleasure to show her around, so we've been spending a lot of time together in the last two weeks.

Though tonight was a bit different than usual, I had forgotten the time and now it's almost 11 P.M. I told Eudoria that we're gonna be taking a short walk this evening but Alice offered dinner since it was almost dinner anyway, so I remained. We spoke for so long that I managed to lose track of time, so here I am leaving for home at this late hour.

Eudoria would often be asleep at this time. But, if I do say so myself, it seemed strange that the lights were still on. Furthermore, it was silent. Like utter silence.

If she was still awake, probably reading I assume, she would play music in the background. It was one of the things I noticed often when she was reading. She might not be reading, then.

"Where have you been?"

The voice scared the living crap out of me as it beems across the hallway. I look up the stairs and I saw Eudoria standing at the top of the flight of stairs.

She is standing with her arms crossed in front of her chest and has a little stern expression on her face. I simply can't figure out why she's being so defensive. She has met Alice a few times and is familiar with her. She's all treating me like a little kid.

"Just over at Alice, I accidentally forgot the time."

I walked up, and she was still standing there, not moving. I was going to walk past her when she suddenly stopped me in my tracks.

"I didn't say we're done here." She continued to give me a look that might have made me quake a little. She was crazy hot when mad, which was one of my weaknesses. I feel like I might turn into a puddle any second. I know she has power over me, and she knows it too.

"I'm tired, you are too, and I know you don't have time for this. So let's just go to sleep."

She refused to move when I tried to pull her arm. "I'm not. I've got time."

"What do you want me to say?"

"It's the very minimum I ask of you."

"Fine, I'm sorry. We're good? Okay let's go."

Yet she still wouldn't move.

"I can't believe you're this naive, y/n." She gave an even more contemptuous roll of her eyes.

"Naive of what? Eudoria, I can take care of myself. I'm an adult. Besides that, Alice's home is only a few homes away, as you are aware. Why all the fuss?"

"I spent all night worrying about you, you even left your phone at home. And now you come home with this attitude towards me, acting like you didn't just- forget it. Leave."

"What?"

"I said leave, go to sleep."

"Then where are you gonna go?"

"You shouldn't be concerned about it."

And with that, she left downstairs, dissapearing into the halls.

I have no idea what has risen in her feelings lately, as much as I want to run after her, I knew I shouldn't. She wasn't the kind of person who enjoys the classic "Romantic runaway and you chase after me" scenario. She values her alone time just as much as I did. I knew if I did run after her, it would get progressively much worst.

So, I simply took a quick shower before heading to bed.

Eudoria's POV

The clock had just striked to 1 A.M.

I silently exhaled a deep breath and my eyes wander out the window. I just couldn't wrap my head around how she did not have a single clue about why I'm acting like this.

Although Alice was occasionally wonderful to have around, Y/n has been spending more time with Alice than with me, her partner. She may be new and all, but she could have requested the assistance of another neighbor to get things figured out.

It was enough to give me a headache to have such a stifling emotion clouding my mind. The fact that Alice was developing affections for Y/n was clear enough. It's the tiny things, like sending her flowers every day with an explanation the flowers was from "hEr gArdEn."

Then the daily 10 hugs and kisses started to irritate me. Y/n is too unaware to understand what this entire situation is. All of Alice's facade-based BS is ridiculous.

Enola has also been having a lot more friends, which means she has been having a lot of sleepovers. She or y/n would typically come and sit with me while I read or just spend hours talking. However, the house started to seem quiet, and I assumed Y/N had fallen asleep. I should probably join her in a bit.

I got myself a cup of tea to bring to the bedroom with me. When I arrived in the bedroom, it was already dark, not exactly pitch dark. But it was dimly lit and y/n is already fast asleep. I joined her soon after, on the other side of the bed keeping a safe distance between us.

It didn't take me long to drift off into a deep slumber because my eyes were growing heavier by the minute.

Back to your POV

~The next morning~

The sun shining bright through the blinds made me squint my eyes. The clock has showed that it was almost 11 A.M.

I reach over to Eudoria's side of bed and to my surprise, she was still here. She was silently sleeping beside me. Thankfully, she had her body towards me. Her face under the sunlight seems so angelic. Her dewy skin reflects the light, giving off a kind of radiance.

Now that she's laying so peacefully beside me, I find it impossible to resist touching her face. It didn't take me long to slowly graze my finger across her jawline down to her collarbone. I could just never get bored looking at her, I mean, why would anyone ever get bored looking at this beauty?

It's probably a little late for breakfast, but I had intended to make it. Perhaps brunch.

But I want to enjoy this view for a few more minutes, I just can't get enough.

~~~

A/N HEREE!!

I sincerely hope a lot of you didn't forget about me, I know I have been lacking a lot of updates but I simply can't get away with my new school, the overwhelming homeworks is finally getting on my nerves. I still need to do 3 more homeworks after this so please bare with me for the lack of updates.

If you're wondering, yes there will be a second part to this chapter. But there's not much that I can say other than I am very sorry, as I know a lot of you are waiting for me in many of my book updates.

I'll try to update them as soon as I have timee, anygays, take care! <3