Chapter 13.7

“HELP" Kaeya cries out, carrying a still unconscious Diluc up to the gray building, aka the only medical center in the whole archipelago. It was made as of recent with the arrival of the school, placed on the furthest nameless island from other big islands.

Kaeya always found it a bad idea, taking the time to receive medical help way too long in events of emergency and he still believes that, seeing Diluc bleed.

People in white scrubs come from the doors and meet him midway on the shore. They had a gurney ready, placed Diluc onto it as he was taken away. Kaeya follows, nervous for his older stepbrother.

He may have his spats with the redhead blockhead and find him annoying but he always appreciated how Diluc kept him around after the old man's death. He also appreciated all the small things he would do, from the special gifts to somehow reading his mind and having the maids prepare whatever he was craving for in the morning.

“W-wait," a gruff voice said from the gurney. The people I’m white scrubs slowed down and Kaeya realized it was Diluc calling him over. The blue-haired boy rushed over, grateful he was awake somehow.

“Y-yes Luc,” Kaeya stammered, relief flooding him as he sees Diluc half-lidded eyes glance at him.

“I-I'm sorry for what I said before,” he said, pausing as he looks around, confused about his surroundings. He must’ve not known what was happening Kaeya concluded.

“BEFORE all of this” Diluc gestured with both of his hands at the general surrounding. “If you want to try for a football scholarship, go ahead,” Diluc said before resting his head.

Tears pricked his eyes, his heart flooded for his stepbrother. He stood for a while, watching the people in white scrubs take Diluc into the hospital, wishing he could go along but he knew that it was probably for the best. The clinic was fairly small and with the influx of injured or panicked students and teachers, he would only be a waste of space.

Kaeya took a deep breath, adrenaline dimming down for once and he could feel like himself and not like a maniac with tunnel vision. He turned around and heard to the shore, wanting to rest and at least enjoy the ocean sounds.

Once he was at the shore, he sat down, feeling the warm sands comfort his buttocks and he took another deep breath, letting the ocean air cleanse his head. For a few moments, he was given peace of mind, able to organize his thoughts and think more clearly. Then it was interrupted as he heard voices grow louder.

“Kaeya!” a commanding voice yelled out. Kaeya turned around and saw the principal and librarian. Jean bore a new outfit from her usual suit and tie, wearing a light blue blouse outfit that felt very summery. Lisa wore her usual casual clothing but also had a pair of binoculars.

“Uh hello, lovely weather today,” Kaeya said sarcastically, glancing at Jean out of place clothing. Jean stammers while Lisa giggles.

“We were bird-watching when the explosions began, in case you wondering,” Jean defends, crossing her arm. Kaeya smirks and then looks back out on the ocean, seeing the school in far outdistance.

“So, any reason for why this happened?” Kaeya asked, hoping for an explanation.

“We have quite literally no idea, some of the students and staff are theorizing that it had to do with the Council when they arrived though we’re trying not to go there just yet. It could’ve been a gas leak or something,” Jean speculates.

“It sure was a hell of a gas leak,” Kaeya mutters. Lisa proceeded to look into her binoculars as the two made light conversation, looking back at the school.

“I believe most of the students and staff are here, if not in the Waaverider-”

“Goodness! Are that Lumine and Mona?” Lisa cries out, spotting the dark-haired astrologist and young blonde-haired girl both running towards the shore, and both were distressed looking.

“Wait what!?” Jean cried out, grabbing the binoculars from Lisa, and seeing the same thing. Kaeya looked over, unable to see without binoculars since they were too far away. Pudding Isle seemed like a speck on the horizon.

“Archons, please for the love of the archons let them get here safely before anything else explodes,” Jean mutters.
Kaeya then noticed on the same island as the school, out of the mountains, a black helicopter appeared, roaring its ways out from the trees.

“What’s that?” Kaeya asked, pointing to the black helicopter. Jean knitted her eyebrows, seemingly very confused. Lisa placed her hand on her chest, equally confused.

“I don’t know, the school never had a helicopter,” Jean said, before directing her binoculars at the black helicopter. The principal let out a startled yelp and then exclaimed, “Is that Signora! With Childe! And Scaramouche!”. Lisa went pale and Kaeya’s eyes went wide, all of them perplexed by the combination.

“Why are they toge-” Kaeya was immediately interrupted by another explosion, this one massive and earth-shattering even from far away. In a loud and fiery bang, all islands that each bore dorm buildings and school exploded. Kaeya watched as the earth erupted out, debris flying as the islands began to sink into the depths of the ocean.