Chapter 1.9

“Alright sis let's head home,” Aether said, strolling alongside his sister. They both watch other students leave the building as well, while some stay inside for club activities.

Amongst the many students, they see familiar faces, Barbra seeming to talk to Venti while Rosaria watches from afar.

Bennett and Razor both sit by each other on a bench, waiting for a bus and Bennett seems to be excitedly talking.

Xiangling hands a lunch to Mona who seems hungry. Xingqiu, Chongyun, and Hu Tao all stand in a circle, casually talking, and then Xiangling joins the circle and the four of them begin to walk somewhere.

In the distance, the twins see the football field, seeing players practicing while some cheerleaders are practicing as well. Chants and grunts could be heard despite the far distance. All while the sky tones down to a more orange color, the sun setting early as expected of an autumn afternoon.

The twins watch their new school, curious and perplexed by the many lives going on, the many stories that could be told every day.

“Well, they’re all a bit crazy don’t you think?” Aether said. Lumine, who was still tired and didn’t feel like speaking, nodded. The twins did think the students were nice, but they also find them all to be a lot and they preferred not to get attached, waiting to move onto the next school they’ll get transferred to.

“thank god we transfer like every 3 months, or else we’ll go crazy,” Aether said. Lumine giggled, and the two began their walk back home.

Eventually when the sun begins to set and streaks of dark blue and purple begin to form the twins had reached home. They entered their large modern home, eyes darting around to find their mother.

“Mom! We’re home” Aether announced. Their mom, a tall blonde lady with piercing yellow eyes descended from the stairs, giving a big hug to her children.

“Oh, lovely! Come I have food ready for you to eat” the mom said, leading her children to the kitchen. The twins discovered that their mom didn’t cook, she just ordered pizza.

“dang, I thought u cooked for once” Lumine whispered sarcastically.

“Oh darling child, you know I am crappy at cooking” the mom retorted back, hearing her daughter’s comment.

“Anyway eat, sit whatever. Tell me about your day!” the mom said excitedly.

“It was interesting, very cool to see multiple nations clash together I guess” Aether answered bluntly.

“Oh goody! Because it going to be your school till graduation!” the mom exclaimed.

“what,” the twins said in unison, caught off guard by the comment.

“YES! My job is now allowing me to settle for once and not have to move all the time, so we can stay here till your graduation!” the mom said.

The twins looked at one another, feeling many feelings and unsure of how to process the news. They entered the school, not paying attention, not forming attachments or whatnot, all-knowing that they’ll just move on eventually.

But now they have to form attachments, pay attention, and more, everything they do will be remembered by the faculty and students. The twins looked at their pizza in dread, not wanting to go back to a mildly eccentric school.

“YEAA!” the mom shouts out, grabbing her twins into a hug while the twins looked at each other, saddened that they are stuck for once. This now the winds of fate have trapped our two travelers in a world they felt they weren’t meant for.

End of Chapter 1