ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟟

➵➵➵➵➵➵➵❂➵➵➵➵➵➵➵

➵➵➵➵➵➵➵❂➵➵➵➵➵➵➵Y/n's pov

➵➵➵➵➵➵➵❂➵➵➵➵➵➵➵
Y/n's pov

𝔸𝕘𝕖 - 𝟚𝟚

I woke up when I heard the cell next over, Vi's cell opened up. It must've been another beating. I didn't hear the sound of Vi fighting or the guards beating on her which was off.

"I'm not leaving without her", Vi said. "I don't have a pardon for her", a familiar voice retorted. "I said I'm not, I can't", Vi demanded. I heard the other person let out a sigh. "I can get the pardon, but not now", the person said to the guard. I heard the sound of coins in a bag, a lot of them.

"I'll let her out now", the guard said. I heard them walk over towards my cell. I looked to see blurry blue hair, making my heart stop. The cell lifted open making that familiar mechanical noise. In front of me stood the guard, Vi and Caitlyn. I couldn't see the face she was making, but I knew it was her. I knew that specific hair color anywhere.

"Get up, you're leaving", the guard snapped. I stood to my feet walking out of the cell. Since I was closer now I could see the shock look on Caitlyn's face as I passed by her. The guard closed my cell then we all began to head for the elevator. It was a quiet tension filled walk. Maybe it was just me who was feeling the tension.

After a while we finally left the prison. Once we were far away enough Caitlyn stopped walking. "Why did you stop", Vi fussed. Caitlyn didn't answer, she just turned towards me. She ignored Vi walking towards me.

"What are you doing here", she hissed. "I, it's a long story", I sighed rubbing the back of my neck. "Obviously! My best friend who I assumed disappeared was actually in Still Water Hold the whole time", she fussed.

"Best friend? Hold on you two know each other", Vi asked pointing at me and Caitlyn slightly. "You know a topsider", she added. "Yes she knows a topsider since she is one", Caitlyn replied looking at her. Vi scoffed at her then looked at me. "Cait...", I mumbled gaining her attention.

"You are a top sider, right", Cait questioned. "...No, I'm from the undercity", I answered. Her eyes widened as she looked at me in disbelief. "I'm sorry for lying it was just I was scared to tell yo-", I tried explaining, but she stopped me by pulling me into a hug. I tensed up as she did.

"Don't lie again, please", she murmured. I lowered my head slightly on her shoulder as I hugged her back. After a minute I heard Vi let out a small cough making me look at her. She had. She had her arms folded while staring right at me.

"We should get going", I said breaking the hug. "Oh yes uh let's get going", Caitlyn agreed turning around walking again with us following behind her.

I stood at the edge of the cliff that led down to the Undercity. I ignored the sound of the train chugging as it parked in the area where we're supposed to get on. Everything was blurry, I could see some bright lights, but other than that I couldn't make out anything. I really have lost some of my sight. I clenched my fists tightly.

"You alright", Vi asked. "Yeah just...it's been a while hasn't it", I answered. "It has...", she replied. I heard the train park and people starting to board it.

"I heard the bathysphere has a nice view", Caitlyn commented. "That could be a good way to get a lay of the land", she suggested. "Too risky", Vi replied pulling up her hood. Then she stepped over the ledge falling straight down.

"I guess we're doing this", I sighed looking over, I saw a green roof. I jumped off the ledge landing on the roof then slid down on it to jump off onto a gray one. I followed VI quickly as we descended down into the night city. As we got lower it got darker. I leapt through open windows of buildings, walked along edges and even walked across horizontal pillars. I knew this feeling of the air rushing past me. Like an arrow in the window. I felt free.

I saw that there was a ledge I had to jump across. I ran quicker towards it not slowing down. I launched myself off the edge leaping across the opening down below me. I had my eyes closed as I felt the wind, I felt like I was flying.

"You led me straight to it, little sis", Zahir whispered into my ear. I snapped my eyes open to see I wasn't close to the other side. I reached my hand out hoping to grab the edge, but missed. Before I could fall someone grabbed my hand making me slam into the wall. I let out a quick breaths as I looked up to see vi smirking down at me.

"I got you angel", she said. "Why do you call me that", I asked she just shrugged her shoulders then pulled me up. Once I was back on my feet she took off again. Once I caught my breath I quickly chased after her. After a few more climbs and leaps we finally stopped on top of a huge railing. I took my side by her looking down below us to the many lights. We are officially back in the undercity.