Awake

Danny's POV

I'm not exactly sure what happened last night. It started out with a kiss (killers reference), but currently, I'm laying next to Frank. Well, more like Frank's laying on top of me. We're both clothed, so I know nothing went too far. I remember us making out, and then that's all. Did we fall asleep while kissing? Damn.

I don't want to wake him up. He's so peaceful on my chest. It doesn't hurt either. It feels really nice.

~~~Memory~~~

What did I do? He literally just pushed me for no reason. Actually, there is a valid reason. I wrote about the WINNING football team, and not our LOSING high school team.

"Fucking bitch! Get your facts right next time before you write this stupid shit! Not like anybody reads it" Josh spat, looking down at me while I was on the floor. I smirked up to him.

"You did" I say. That earned me a kick in the stomach. It hurt. Badly. Where's a teacher when you want one? That's something very rare to say. Josh crouches down to me.

"You better learn where you fit on the food chain" Josh says to me, trying to intimate me. I look up, and stare him dead in the eye.

"I don't think you want that." I say sternly.

Josh is taken back for a moment, but stands back up, and kicks my knee. That hurt badly.

"Fuck" I hiss. Josh walks away with his group of losing team fuckers, leaving me on the floor. Everyone is just walking around me, heading to there classes. I pick myself up off the ground.

I adjust my bag onto my shoulders, and walk to my next class. Everything hurts, but numb at the same time.

I make it to my class, and step inside. The rooms dark, with the teacher having a projector set up. I look down, and walk to the corner of the room, and plopping I'm my seat. I slide my bag under my desk.

More kids gather into the class like a swarm. The final bell rings, notifying that kids should all be in they're classes.

I look to the front of the room as the teacher gets up. She's nice. She's always given me good feedback on my papers, and loved the way I wrote. It means a lot to have some sort of good job.

"Alright class, since we just had an exam last class, I feel like you guys deserve a break. So, what's your favorite scary movie?" She asks the class. I smirk to myself.

The teacher goes seat by seat, asking for recommendations, and then she gets to me.

"Danny? Any recommendations?" She asks. Everyone is looking at me. I thumb wrestle with myself.

"Um... how bout The Crow?" I ask. I know it's not horrifying, but the deaths are satisfying. The idea of revenge itself is satisfying.

The teacher smiles to me.

"We have a winner" she says. I smile back.

——Time Skip——

We're halfway through the movie. As interested as I am in my choice of film, I'm tired. Staring at a projected screen isn't helping either.

I lean my head down onto my arms which lay on the desk, and close my eyes.

/Dream\

"Why not just kill him" the unknown whisper said to me while I sat by my window.

"I'm not like that... I can't bring myself to kill someone" I respond back to the stranger that I can't see.

"You can... you just choose not to... let me help you. Once you kill a few, I will bring you into a new world. One where you can do whatever you would like with no consequences. The only thing I ask is sacrifice for me... kill the people I bring into my realm in order to feed me and keep your new way of life alive" the thing whispered to me.

"I don't know how I'd even do it" I respond

/End Of Dream, and Fast Forward 3 Days\

I slowly dig my knife into his chest. His blood spewing out onto my blade. Even though he can't see my emotion behind the mask I chose from a ghost costume laying around, I think he knew I was enjoying this. I enjoyed this a bit too much.

He had it coming though.

"P-please... s-s-stop" he gargled and begged over the blood leaving his lips.

"Oh Josh... don't you remember?" He said. I let him drop to the floor of the alley way, and he leaned against the wall, finding it hard to breathe.

I kneeled down, facing him. I slowly removed my mask, and shook my head a bit to get my hair out of my eyes. It's then, when I looked up, that he saw who his killer was.

"You... y-you..." he mumbled, his voice shaking.

"A brilliant quote from you. One that could make headlines. You told me to find my place on the food chain. Remember that Josh?" I say, and slap him. He turns away, so I grab his chin, and turn him back towards me.

"Do you remember that?" I asked again.

"Yes, Jesus yes. Please. Let me go, and I'll say I was jumped by strangers, I promise... I'll do anything" he cried. I smirked.

"Guess what Josh" I said, getting closer to his ear.

"I found my place"

~~~End Of Memory~~~

I feel shuffling on my chest. I look down, and see Frank slowly starting to wake up. He opens his eyes slowly, and looks around.

When he looks up, his eyes make contact with me. I smile to him. He smiles back, and leans up to peck my lips. It takes me by surprise, but it's something that I quickly respond with by kissing back.

It's a quick kiss of course.

"Would you be up to a round for me child?" The entity whispers to me.

"Of course" I think back. I look down to Frank.

"I've got a round. I'll be back as soon as everyone's dead" I say. He smiles, and nods.

——Time skip to 3 minutes later——

I look around. I'm currently at Coldwind Farm. It seems to be rotten fields since I can't see any buildings in sight. I duck down, hoping nobody will see me.

I start navigating my way thru the corn. I make my way to the closest generator. It hasn't even been touched yet.

"Damn it" I say under my breath.

I keep walking while crouched down. I make it to a slight opening. I see a generator in the distance. Sparks, and lights are coming from it. Bingo.

"What are we looking at" I hear someone mumble to me. It scares the shit out of me. I spin around, and fall backwards, only to see Meg crouched down, smiling to me.

"Hello" she says. I put my hand over my heart as I lay on the ground.

"You really got me" I say, and life my mask off my face. I push myself up, and stand up, facing her.

"I've missed you" she says, and throws her arms around me. I laugh a bit, and hug her back.

"So much for 4 kills" I say laughing.

"Haha, thank you very much, I'm here all night" Meg says. We pull apart, and smile to her.

"So... you gonna help me find people?" I ask. Meg smiles to me.

"Shall we start with Felix?" She asks.

I grin.

————————

A small bit of backstory for our ghosty boy. Totally off topic, but I've decided to get him tattooed on my back (the design of the cover except neon). It should be really cool, and fun. Thank you! Leave a comment whenever you guys feel like it. I'd love feedback 🖤!