Light-kun The Pervert

"I saw you observing me when we were dressing  Light-kun"

Where on earth was this going? Light couldn't believe that L had the audacity to accuse HIM of watching 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 visual oddity. L was the one who apparently found Light so fascinating.

"Well. That's not how 𝑰 remember it Ryuzaki"

L sipped his tea mysteriously over the breakfast table, Light almost puked as the smell of the twenty-five sugars in the detective's teacup obtruded his nose.

"Interesting...then how does Kira remember it?"

Light's eyebrow twitched under his flawless head of hair.

"I believe it was YOU who was observing ME, just like always"

Couldn't argue with that.

"It's only in ones nature to observe when being observed...don't you think?"

Light huffed inwardly, keeping his manner calm - nothing like a mentally stimulating challenge to start his day, he could do this.

"Indeed it is Ryuzaki, but what reason would I have to observe 𝒚𝒐𝒖 of all people? It would make not the least bit of sense. I'm not Kira, after all"

"Well then. Perhaps Light-kun is just perverted"

Light could only imagine he pulled the most disgustedly horrified expression at L's suggestion. He wasn't sure if he preferred the label of pervert to mass murderer. Nevertheless, 𝒂𝒏𝒚 threat to Light's glowing reputation was severely unwelcome. For someone to merely 𝒊𝒏𝒅𝒊𝒄𝒂𝒕𝒆 that Light was capable of steeping so low was utterly preposterous.
The boy decided enough was enough..
Knocking his chair to the ground behind him, Light came to a stand, leaning into the table, he slammed his hands down on its surface - L's tower of sugar cubes toppling over in effect.

"RYUZAKI"

The detective lazily lifted his head to meet Light's fiery gaze, visually rather disappointed his creation had been so carelessly destroyed.

"I'm not perverted enough to restrain someone to my wrist continuously, placing cameras in every nook and cranny to monitor them throughout their most private moments. And STILL deciding to gawk at them at every given opportunity...𝒂𝒎 𝑰?"

L just waited patiently, his stare not wavering from the boy for an instant. Light's heaving chest regained its regularity as his breaths settled, he returned to his seating position before L spoke again.

"I was only joking before Light-kun...I 𝒅𝒊𝒅𝒏'𝒕 think you were perverted.."

Light, who had turned himself away from L, crossing his arms and legs in defence, perked up at the detective's use of past tense - his eyes being the only thing to shift, in another scornful glower to Ryuzaki's direction.

"...but 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 oversensitive reaction has made me a little...suspicious"

Lingering on the last word, the detective curled his long, dexterous fingers round the handle of his teacup delicately as he did so, raising it once again to his lips, sipping attentively as the two men aimed daggers at one another. To Light's surprise, he got the urge to smile again, an urge that was quickly repressed. The air was thick and heavy with something Light couldn't explain, soon concluding that getting whiffs of L's large plate of over the top confectionaries must be getting to him again. As much as the boy enjoyed utilising his fiercely intense stare to someone who could rival it, the worst thing about this was he then didn't have the option to get up from the table to scoff and walk away, like what transpired was completely absurd, worth none of his precious time. If this was L's idea of friendship, then perhaps he didn't want it after all.

As if reading his mind, as Light sometimes thought L possessed the ability to do, before remembering this was of course, laughable, and by all logic, simply impossible. The detective exclaimed...

"I apologise Light-kun.."

Light almost hurled in his mouth that instant, apologies come from a place of pity - Light was 𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 to be pitied.

"...my teasing went too far, I'll keep it in mind for the next time I try and have a lighthearted breakfast conversation. Though...I didn't realise it would strike such a nerve in you...something else on your mind Light-kun?"

Struck a nerve? Why was L doing this? Did he perceive what just occurred, as Light throwing a...tantrum? A sulky, child-like strop? More importantly, why did 𝒉𝒆 care about what the detective thought? Because he suspected him as a sociopathic serial killer? Because he had the power to send Light to a certain death? Because he needed L's help to catch Kira? No. No he didn't. Light needed to stop being so transparent in his frustrations, it made him appear vulnerable, which he wasn't, not in the slightest.