Play Date

"I'm staying round a friend's house tonight"

Light's mother ceased her thorough attack on the dishes in the sink to look to her son in surprise.

"You are? What friend?"

"The one that's your favourite"

Light was so quickly nonchalant within his non-specifications, that his parents would be very unsuspecting. Besides, he was such a model son that would 𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 fabricate anything to his precious parents, they trusted him entirely. But as a mother, Sachiko would naturally inquire nonetheless, she was a good natured woman.

"Oh, but your father won't be home for a few hours to drop you off"

"I can walk Mum"

She nodded in agreement to the boy's reassuring smile. Luckily Sayu was 𝒂𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 out with friends, if his little sister was here she'd be asking one too many annoying questions.
Light ran up to his room to pack his bag. What should he bring? Pyjamas, a fresh change of clothes, hairspray, comb, all of his shower things. Okay, the boy decided on his big rucksack for this particular excursion. It was still unfathomable this was happening, what was Light even 𝑫𝑶𝑰𝑵𝑮?! Where was this night going to go? Would they be doing...𝑻𝑯𝑨𝑻? Was this a hookup? But he'd known this person five minutes?! But Light..really liked him, if anything, he really just wanted to see that bookcase of his. Unless it contained even more works of overly pretentious attempts at 'comedy'. If that were so, they could always do something else instead. What if Light contracted some sort of horrific disease?? What if Ryuzaki drugged him, what if he was a murderer?? No, Light needed to stop overworking himself into a state, it was absolutely fine, every situation the boy got himself into would always be. If anything went wrong, Light already had a list of conversation starters, along with many esoteric topics that would surely intrigue the man he wanted to impress. Whether...for example, woodpeckers suffered from headaches, well, whether or not Ryuzaki was aware that they 𝒅𝒊𝒅𝒏'𝒕. (Because of their tightly confined brains) if he was ignorant to the fun fact then Light could inform him. What about the most awe-inspiring place Ryuzaki had ever been? Considering he liked fancy hotels, and was English, who's to say he hasn't been anywhere else, or didn't know other languages? They'd spoken about books, what about 𝒇𝒊𝒍𝒎𝒔? What was Ryuzaki's favourite film? Light's was Annie Hall...which was embarrassing. Maybe he just liked the idea of meeting romantic interests over tennis games. Not that Light was a romantic...just when it came to art.

Many musings occupied the young man's thoughts as he rode the subway. Mostly now, it was mild embarrassment, as when he'd left the house his mother had jokingly asked whether Light had packed for the Appalachian trail. Perhaps he had over prepared for his stay...At least Light was quick enough out the door that his mother hadn't enough time to inquire as to why her son had put on a tie. Something Ryuzaki would definitely catch sight of. Light wondered why his new friend had ventured so far from his hotel just to eat cake, there was a number of cafés around. Was he that desperate to escape too?

Light gawked at the fancifulness of the building he was currently entering. How rich 𝒘𝒂𝒔 this guy? Asshole...there was definitely something not right here. And Ryuzaki wasn't doing a good job at hiding it either.
What was Light even supposed to do? Would the receptionist be suspicious of the two men's meeting? Of the suited boy with a backpack too big for him? The situation was actually quite comedic, maybe why the perhaps detective had landed Light right in the middle of it. He was a fan of 'comedy' after all...the bastard.
The charming young man entered the building and made his way to the front desk, it was a woman not much older than him. She'd previously been on the phone, so seemed surprised by Light's sudden presence.