The Kira Case Keeps On, Even As The Clothes Come Off

It turns out that L didn't hate long showers at all...They were his forte - to Light's dismay. The shower in occupation by the men was a rather large, walk-in, with a fancy glass sliding door. There were two shower heads next to each other, about a metre apart - where L and Light stood. It was shiny and sophisticated, L always had the best. Not to mention, the dreaded 'activity' wasn't actually as unpleasant as Light foresaw. Although L had a habit of pushing buttons and crossing lines, it had somewhat immunised the boy to the detective. The duo, were comfortable around one another, to a certain degree at least. It was strange and unexplainable to pin point but it almost felt...natural? Despite being severely unnatural in every meaning of the word.

Yet...something was STILL niggling the boy deeply, L hadn't acknowledged Light 𝒐𝒏𝒄𝒆. Ironically, it was when Light decided to be transparently cocky about his superiority in the looks department. Was L...put off by this? Not that he cared, Light had better things to busy his mind with of course...but it was...unusual, he couldn't NOT notice. L kept constant tabs on his Kira suspect 24/7, and now, all he could do was lean his forehead to the tiled wall, the water cascading down his sylphlike body, flattening his unruly hair til it concealed those big bug eyes from view...of anything...much less Light himself - who was becoming angrier by the second. So 𝑺𝑶𝑴𝑬𝑻𝑰𝑴𝑬𝑺 L could make Light's life a constant misery by his excessively persistent surveillance. Always the advocate of 'anything in the pursuit of justice' but 𝑺𝑶𝑴𝑬𝑻𝑰𝑴𝑬𝑺 it was perfectly fine to look away from Light Yagami...but why? Everyone liked to look at Light Yagami. Did L feel awkward? Self-conscious, not L - 𝒔𝒖𝒓𝒆𝒍𝒚? Was he angry? Asleep? Dea-no don't be ridiculous. The detective really had been still for quite some time now...was he ignoring Light on purpose? To prove a point? Light clenched his jaw in annoyance. He admired consistency in people, and recent happenings were proving that L, was a very consistently inconsistent person. This sudden silent treatment for example, was mystifying. Perhaps L was deep in thought...about what? Kira? Obviously...but he was always deep in thought about Kira, though somehow he still made room to wrangle with Light over the most esoteric topics of conversation...so what was different now? Had Light by some means, upset him? As annoying as L was, it was against what Light stood for to go around offending everybody (however much they deserved it) it was just an assumption that L was an unfeeling thing, powerful enough to not be hurt by the words of others...how Light, actually saw himself? The games between the friendly rivals were just part of their usual dynamic, a constant battle for intellectual dominance; the energetic back and forth reminiscent of the tennis they loved to play. Maybe this current performance was indeed, absolutely an act, to see how empathetic Light could be toward the detective...another Kira test conceivably. Either way, Light should be the one to end this, the bigger man and all that. Urgh, how Light loathed trivial matters partaking to someone's 𝒇𝒆𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔. But L was certainly dramatic enough to hide in his own little world forever if Light didn't make him give this up already.

"Ahem"

...nothing.

"umm...Ryuzaki?"

Still. Nothing. It was intolerable enough to be showering next to someone in a complete state of undress, yet trying to also spark conversation...it was...(even Light could admit) so insufferably awkward that it was almost comedic. Would laughing ease the strained atmosphere? No....that would be horrendously inappropriate...just talk to him. Light willed away any tenseness he had about touching the detective, reluctantly shaking his shoulder. It was very...warm? What else did the boy expect? L 𝒘𝒂𝒔 alive after all...he just...didn't appear so. Light was always instinctively startled when the peculiar man openly exhibited human characteristics.

"...𝑳?"

The aforementioned raised a willowy hand, disappearing it under his drenched, ebony locks, parting them like a curtain to peep up at Light like a lost puppy. There was a long moment of silence while the boys maintained eye contact, trying to keep their focus above the neck.